Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone running NZXT CAM + HWiNFO at the same time?
Does anyone else have this similar setup to me and are running into problems?

Windows 10 v1803
Ryzen 2700X
ASUS X470-F GAMING
NZXT CAM & HWiNFO running at the same time

The problem I run into is the random instant shutdowns/restarts. No BSODs. Also when I turn off my monitor, it sometimes won't turn back on. Just a black screen and I believe the system is frozen because if I try to launch cmd and shutdown, the computer won't shutdown. Running cmd without a display is start button on keyboard -> cmd -> shutdown /f /t 0

I currently have just HWiNFO running, NZXT CAM isn't running but it's still installed.
That looks like some conflict between both tools when they access hardware. Does this problem happen also with the latest Beta version of HWiNFO?
I haven't tried the beta version. My PC hasn't crashed yet with just HWiNFO running. I am assuming it had something to do with programs accessing sensors but not sure yet. I need probably at least 2-3 days to see if the PC crashes with just HWiNFO running. If it doesn't then I am assuming it's a software conflict.
(06-22-2018, 07:18 AM)Martin Wrote: That looks like some conflict between both tools when they access hardware. Does this problem happen also with the latest Beta version of HWiNFO?

Should I also be disabling Periodic polling? I read some people having performance issues with that checked?
The latest Beta will automatically disable Periodic polling on Win10 RS4 and also improves synchronization with some applications running on ASUS boards.
(06-22-2018, 08:42 AM)Martin Wrote: The latest Beta will automatically disable Periodic polling on Win10 RS4 and also improves synchronization with some applications running on ASUS boards.

I see, I'll just leave it checked and see what happens. HWiNFO has been running for about 4 hours now and I noticed this. Is my SSD really dying? I checked CrystalDiskInfo and Samsung Magician. Both say my SSD is in good health. It seems like some error/bug with HWiNFO. My SSD is on the latest firmware.

https://i.imgur.com/ZqRGuLN.png
There seems to have been a single failure (User Reserved Block Count value crossed the threshold of 10 and dropped to 1), which is also shown in CDI, but I don't think this is fatal.
The current status of that value is 100, so it was most likely a single drop.
(06-22-2018, 09:54 AM)Martin Wrote: There seems to have been a single failure (User Reserved Block Count value crossed the threshold of 10 and dropped to 1), which is also shown in CDI, but I don't think this is fatal.
The current status of that value is 100, so it was most likely a single drop.

Ah ok. So it is an accurate reading then.
Yes, it is. Probably a one-time failure, but I suggest to keep an eye on the health.