Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Command Line parameters for Logging with HWinfo
Hi,
I am new to HWinfo tool and I find it very useful for doing power analysis of applications I write.
I wanted to know if HWinfo supports command line automation so that I can write batch scripts to automate Logging.

Thanks
Anurag
No, it doesn't support such a feature. But for sensor monitoring you can define hotkeys for automatic logging of values. There are also other options, but it depends on what exactly you need.
(12-07-2015, 10:54 AM)Martin Wrote: No, it doesn't support such a feature. But for sensor monitoring you can define hotkeys for automatic logging of values. There are also other options, but it depends on what exactly you need.

So do you mean I can launch HWinfo GUI and then assign hotkeys for logging start and stop, then send hotkey events via script and it shall work?
I meant that you can define custom hotkeys that when pressed while HWiNFO is running will trigger the start/stop of sensor logging.
If you have some very specific requirements and intend to use HWiNFO for a larger project (without GUI, custom monitoring methods, etc.) you might check the HWiNFO SDK option. But this is a paid solution.
(12-07-2015, 02:41 PM)Martin Wrote: I meant that you can define custom hotkeys that when pressed while HWiNFO is running will trigger the start/stop of sensor logging.
If you have some very specific requirements and intend to use HWiNFO for a larger project (without GUI, custom monitoring methods, etc.) you might check the HWiNFO SDK option. But this is a paid solution.
I think I can live with custom hotkeys.
Can you help me how to assign those? I am not able to find such settings to assign hotkeys in HWinfo GUI.
Thanks.
Please open the Configure Sensors window (using button on the bottom of window), then in the General tab enable Automatic logging and define the Hot Key.