Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dell XPS 15 9570 temperatures not named anymore
Hey,

not sure when this happened, mostly around one of the last bios updates, but HwInfo doesnt show the EC temperature values anymore with coresponding names

now:

[Image: VWBjUGC.png]

before:

[Image: H9hYpJC.png]

So not sure if the order is still the same.
Yes, that's certainly due to a BIOS update as the BIOS is responsible for providing the sensor values.
If you attach the HWiNFO Debug File I will have a look at that.
(11-15-2018, 10:33 PM)Martin Wrote: Yes, that's certainly due to a BIOS update as the BIOS is responsible for providing the sensor values.
If you attach the HWiNFO Debug File I will have a look at that.

-

Attached Files
.zip   HWiNFO64.zip (Size: 109.02 KB / Downloads: 1)
Well, indeed. It looks like the last BIOS doesn't provide information about temperature meanings anymore.
I'm sorry I can't do anything here, this lies in DELL's hands...
Hmpf... I will ask at Dell then about this, but I doubt they are interested in changing this back. I also noticed the SMART information says "Drive Temperature" and "Drive Temperature 2", is this also due to the Bios/EC, or is this always named like that or by the specific drive?
I too doubt they will change that or provide some clarification. The interface used to provide these values is very secret.
Drive Temperature is independent from that. If it's a NVMe drive, the first value is most probably the media a second the controller temperature.