Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Determine which SATA port i have 3Gbps or 6Gbps?
I have Acer Aspire 5749 (Core i3-2330M CPU) laptop and these days i want to replace my Western Digital 320GB Hard Drive with some SSD to speed up my system, the problem i am in is...

I am unable to determine exactly if this laptop has SATA 6Gbps port or SATA 3Gbps port, the Hard Drive is 3Gbps (yes, i know).
Rule: Any SATA 6Gbps port become 3Gbps if attached Hard drive is 3Gbps, i.e.  transfer speed depends upon hardware we attach,

"HW INFO" says that this system support 6Gbps speed so i want you to verify which SATA port this laptop has 3Gbps or 6Gbps, don't forget to check screenshot for more details.
Reply ASAP !

[Image: 2heey60.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Your SATA controller is 6.0 Gbps capable and 2 ports (our of 6 possible) are 6.0 Gbps capable too (the others 3.0 Gbps).
I believe the 2 ports that are currently used/available should be those 6.0 Gbps capable, but just to be sure check your notebooks manual.
(12-17-2014, 03:22 PM)Martin Wrote: Your SATA controller is 6.0 Gbps capable and 2 ports (our of 6 possible) are 6.0 Gbps capable too (the others 3.0 Gbps).
I believe the 2 ports that are currently used/available should be those 6.0 Gbps capable, but just to be sure check your notebooks manual.

I am not able to find information about port, can you, please help

Manual Download Link:
http://saad2009.5gbfree.com/GUG_ACER_1.0_EN_Aspire.pdf
That manual doesn't specify it. If you don't find one which describes SATA properties, I'd assume they are 6 Gbps capable.
(12-17-2014, 04:19 PM)Martin Wrote: That manual doesn't specify it. If you don't find one which describes SATA properties, I'd assume they are 6 Gbps capable.

Thanks martin
I found a new tool and it shows following results.

[Image: 14sirk0.jpg]
It shows the same as HWiNFO.
I'd assume all are 6 Gb/s, but regardless of that, if you put the ssd in, it will be a lot faster anyway, even if that specific port does not put out the 6gb.