Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fan Control Alienware 15 R2
I have an Alienware 15 R2. The newest beta of HWiNFO64 works great controlling the fan speed but I am looking for a way to smooth out the fan curve. The default fan profiles for the computer increase and decrease the fan speed smoothly, however, HWiNFO increases fan speed in steps. Is there a way to change spin-up time so the fans don't jump so quickly between RPM's. Ex: If my CPU changes from 50C to 60C the fans will instantly jump from 3000 RPM to 4000 RPM instead of gradually increasing. Thank you for any help.
I'm sorry, there's no such option possible.
(06-30-2016, 07:46 PM)Martin Wrote: I'm sorry, there's no such option possible.

Would it be possible in the future to add more steps to the fan curve? I know that right now there are 6 temperature steps that can be set to any speed. Would you ever be able to add extra steps, such as 9 or 10, in the future? Also, is there any way to get installer versions of beta updates? I can only find portable versions of the beta.
I'll put that into my (long) to-do list Wink
There's no installer for the Beta version, but you can easily upgrade - just extract the zip package into the folder where you installed HWiNFO.
(06-30-2016, 10:57 PM)Martin Wrote: I'll put that into my (long) to-do list Wink
There's no installer for the Beta version, but you can easily upgrade - just extract the zip package into the folder where you installed HWiNFO.

Sounds good Smile  Thank you for the response and for considering the request. And thanks for the install info, I'll try that.
Ok I have one more question related to the fans. If I have the driver set to persistent do I still need to have the program running to control fan speed? Or if I save settings and close the program should the HWiNFO fan profile still control the fans?
HWiNFO needs to be running for fan control to be active.
(07-01-2016, 06:51 AM)Martin Wrote: HWiNFO needs to be running for fan control to be active.

Ok, thank you.