Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fan Control Speed
Sorry for being a scrub, but I'm a bit confused as to how I can control my fan speeds. I have an XPS 15 L502x and it has a common fan issue (the fan CONSTANTLY goes on an off and is very irritating) and I can't find what I need to do to just set the fans at 2800rpm.
Yes I have a similar problem where the fans come on inconveniently because of Intel Turbo Boost (for a matter of seconds).

Is it possible for better support of the XPS fan controller? - There is only an OFF/Medium (2800rpm)/High (4200rpm) settings available. The medium speed is slightly too fast.
Also, changing the fan speeds will cause a high latency (system hang of about 1 second)

Thanks Big Grin

EDIT - Been reading some other posts - I’m guessing that the controller is not fully compatible at the moment being EC
I'm sorry, but this is all I can do. The system doesn't allow other fan speed levels to be set and the interface is is also not quite well (latency)..
Thanks for your quick reply, and no problem Big Grin

Dell should really think before they make these ridiculous fan control profiles. Dodgy
(03-15-2012, 07:00 AM)Matrix5 Wrote: Yes I have a similar problem where the fans come on inconveniently because of Intel Turbo Boost (for a matter of seconds).

Is it possible for better support of the XPS fan controller? - There is only an OFF/Medium (2800rpm)/High (4200rpm) settings available. The medium speed is slightly too fast.
Also, changing the fan speeds will cause a high latency (system hang of about 1 second)

Thanks Big Grin

EDIT - Been reading some other posts - I’m guessing that the controller is not fully compatible at the moment being EC

Where is the option to set the fan speed to 2800rpm? I cannot find it for the life of me.
On DELL machines, there's no fixed RPM level for all machines, instead each model offers different fan speed levels to be set.
Salut moi avec mon corsair H100 je n'ais aucun problem de ventilateur