Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HWInfo32 crashes during discovery
Hi,
I downloaded and installed the app on my main pc (Quad core Q6600 with 8GB ram en W7 64-bits)without any problems (apart from some strange high temperatures).

The same tool however crashes on my mediacenter PC (amd x2 4400+ with 4GB Ram and W7 32-bits) during the discovery and I tries almost all options in the configuration (on/off).

I attached the debug-file and an eventerror. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this or have tips to get it running?

Best regards,
Bart

Attached Files
.dbg   HWiNFO32.DBG (Size: 232.33 KB / Downloads: 34)
.txt   HWinfo32Eventerror.txt (Size: 1.65 KB / Downloads: 32)
Thanks for the report.
Please try this build: <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw32_368_1114.zip">www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw32_368_1114.zip</a><!-- w -->
if it fixes that issue and let me know.
This version does work better for my Mediacenter, I can collect some sensor data. But I have had two freezes/hangs. CPU temp was around 61 degrees Celsius.
1. So now the scan finishes, but there are problems during sensor monitoring?
2. Does only HWiNFO32 crash or the whole system (Blue Screen or reboot)?
Could you please post again a Debug File after it crashes?

bjt Wrote:This version does work better for my Mediacenter, I can collect some sensor data. But I have had two freezes/hangs. CPU temp was around 61 degrees Celsius.
I don't have a debugfile from the systemhangs/freezes: no bsod, just a complete lockup; still video and some noise, but no activity whatsoever. Attached is a debug-file from a hwinfo32 crash.

Attached Files
.dbg   HWiNFO32.DBG (Size: 213.13 KB / Downloads: 29)
So this debug file was recovered after the system lockup?
I see you have both windows open in parallel - the System Summary and Sensors.
If you close the System Summary and have only Sensors open, does the freeze occur too?

bjt Wrote:I don't have a debugfile from the systemhangs/freezes: no bsod, just a complete lockup; still video and some noise, but no activity whatsoever. Attached is a debug-file from a hwinfo32 crash.
I think I'll have to explain why I want to use the tool: the machine is somewhat unstable and I'm not sure why, because the times the auto-poweroff (going black without any notice) vary. That's why I'm suspecting the CPU temperature (the airflow within the casing isn't optimal) but also the powersupply. I hope to find this in the logfiles.

The last debug file is to large to upload (3MB and still with both windows open); tomorrow I'll try with only the sensor window.
Thanks in advance.
Bart
In case the machine is unstable, I'm not sure that HWiNFO32 causes this feezing.
The freezing is new and when HWInfo32 is running, "normally" the machine just powers off.