Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HWiNFO driver certification
Hi,

From what I understand, HWiNFO's driver is not associated to any device in the device tree. I have a similar driver for which I want certification. But the DTM in Windows Logo Kit doesn't runs for such a driver. How did you guys managed to get certificate for your drivers?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
You need to obtain (entroll for) a certificate for code signing (Microsoft Authenticode) and sign your driver using it.
Check this page about some additional information and a list of Certificate Authorities issuing this kind of certificate:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/...87315.aspx
(09-12-2012, 09:46 AM)Martin Wrote: You need to obtain (entroll for) a certificate for code signing (Microsoft Authenticode) and sign your driver using it.
Check this page about some additional information and a list of Certificate Authorities issuing this kind of certificate:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/...87315.aspx

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the prompt reply Smile

I went through the documentation about the process given in the MSDN. I understand the signing process now. But one doubt that I have is that should I purchase one SPC per platform or one certificate will do for all? All the CA websites recommend that I should buy one for every platform. But I think thats more of a marketing strategy. Since you have done it, can you suggest which approach is better and why?

Thanks
You need only one certificate, which is issued per company (or individual) and using this certificate you can sign as many drivers/software as you want within the certificate validity period.
I have bought from GlobalSign, since they offer reasonable price and discounts for individuals. If you wish, I can give you a direct contact there, so you can discuss further details with them.
EDIT: I sent you the contacts per e-mail.
(09-13-2012, 11:19 AM)Martin Wrote: You need only one certificate, which is issued per company (or individual) and using this certificate you can sign as many drivers/software as you want within the certificate validity period.
I have bought from GlobalSign, since they offer reasonable price and discounts for individuals. If you wish, I can give you a direct contact there, so you can discuss further details with them.
EDIT: I sent you the contacts per e-mail.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the info and contact. Smile