Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HWiNFO64 in beautifull review
Czech site DIIT (Deep In Information Technology) did a interesting comparsion of the temperatures of CPU with and without heatspreades (and with different TIM):

http://diit.cz/clanek/amd-llano-s-coolla...ni-nasucho

...and used HWiNFO nice graphs to show how erratic some of the reported temps are and how the processor try cool itself, etc. Very interesting and a great advert for HWiNFO in action!

[Image: amd_a8_3870k_chlazeny_bez_pasty_chladicem_accele.jpg]

Congratulations go to Martin! Big Grin
Yep, I have seen that Smile also noticed how well it shows the 'quality' of the internal CPU diode on those CPUs. This picture shows it even better: http://diit.cz/sites/default/files/ukazk...etraku.png
I'm following DIIT and cooperating with them (WIFT especially) Wink
It is really pathetic, how the measuting is done. For such price for the CPU, these sensors should be at least as precise, as normal mainboard sensors! Not such erratic crap...

What are intel sensors in i3, i5 CPU's? Never have to touch one yet, so I better asking to be prepared Smile
(not being an Intel or AMD fanboy... but I do applaud for the Mantle to AMD Smile )
Intel's DTS sensors in the past had problems at lower temperatures too (though not such huge), but later ones are much better.
Check here for details: http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-CPU-C...s-Fictions Wink
(10-01-2013, 04:59 PM)trodas Wrote: It is really pathetic, how the measuting is done. For such price for the CPU, these sensors should be at least as precise, as normal mainboard sensors! Not such erratic crap...

What are intel sensors in i3, i5 CPU's? Never have to touch one yet, so I better asking to be prepared Smile
(not being an Intel or AMD fanboy... but I do applaud for the Mantle to AMD Smile )

Don't forget that the Intel DTS sensors for the CPU were created for one main purpose, to monitor when the CPU is overheating so it can protect itself by throttling. They were not designed for users to monitor CPU temperatures, at least in the beginning. So all it needs to do is be fairly accurate at high temperatures. Some of the earlier Intel chipsets with thermal sensors would not provide temperature data below 50C, others about 40C. I wondered why my chipset temperatures (thanks to HWiNFO) would never change from 50C, until I read about it in an Intel document.

I also found HWiNFO being used by another review site, Xbit Labs:

Xbit Labs Uses HWiNFO

It is about time! I'm so sick of the lousy CPU-Z screenshots (yes, IMO) that are too simple. So much more information available from HWiNFO, where else can you find total DRAM power, chipset temperature, SSD temperature, etc, etc, all in one package?!

I've used HWiNFO for years, nothing better! Cool
ASRock Z97 Extreme6  Intel Xeon E3-1276 v3  Scythe Mugen 4
16GB Samsung M3V 2000MTs 1.35V
SanDisk Extreme Pro 256GB Windows 8.1 UEFI boot
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB x 2 RAID 0 Windows 10 TP UEFI boot
Samsung 830 256GB x 2 RAID 0
EVGA GTX 760
Dell P2714H
Dell U2312HM
ASUS VS24A
Seasonic X660 XP2 PSU
Fractal Define R4