Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HwIfno keeps opening if I close it
So I'm experiencing a kinda weird issue. Just installed HwInfo yesterday and had it running. Later on when I finished monitoring stuff I wanted to close it. The main window closed and the startup window popped up 
[Image: YWByStN.png]
I tried to close it, it pops up again and again. Sometimes it takes more, sometimes less time. 
Very strange. What happens if you click Run and then close the sensors window, will it popup again?
Check Windows Task Scheduler if there isn't some task setup to launch HWiNFO automatically.
I just checked Task Scheduler - nothing suspicious here.
Startup in Taskmanager doesnt show something either.
[Image: JVrSL.png]
Doesn't matter if I run sensors only or untick this option. It will come back again.
To stop this madness I had to kill the process and delete the .exe in its installdir.
Uninstalling did not work either. Only the unins000.exe and unins000.dat disappeared.
Uninstall didn't work probably because something spawns the process again and again, so the other files are locked.
HWiNFO doesn't have a feature to start again after closing. So there must be some other application in system, which is causing HWiNFO to restart.
Sorry, but I haven't seen such issue yet...
(08-26-2018, 06:48 PM)Martin Wrote: Uninstall didn't work probably because something spawns the process again and again, so the other files are locked.
HWiNFO doesn't have a feature to start again after closing. So there must be some other application in system, which is causing HWiNFO to restart.
Sorry, but I haven't seen such issue yet...

Just had an idea and I was right.
The application which is causing the start is in my case MSI Afterburner.
You have the option to monitor from additional sources like HwInfo.
Well, I already had this enabled in the past maybe about a year or so. Back then it did not start the program automatically as far as I can remember.

All problems solved, thank you for your support though.
[Image: JnUR1.png]
Oh indeed! I totally forgot about this nice feature of MSI AB Big Grin