Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCH Temp Missing
HEY GUYS, SO I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS COOL HWINFO64 IN MY SYSTEM AFTER I UPDATED IT ON THE 31ST OF MARCH 2016.

AFTER THE UPDATE, I LEARNED THAT MY PCH TEMP IS SUDDENLY NOT BEING REPORTED TO HWINFO64

I AM GAMING ON A BUDGET NOTEBOOK (SPECS INCLUDED BELOW) AND I AM CONSTANTLY MONITORING MY TEMPS OF GPU,  CPU AND PCH USING RTSS IN GAMES. 

TECH SPECS :
INTEL i5-2430M 3GhZ
GEFORCE GT525M 1GB DDR3
4GB RAM SINGLE SLOT CONFIG DDR3
TOSHIBA L755 1019X (RELEASED JANUARY 2011)

I HOPE THAT I COULD BE ABLE TO RECOVER MY PCH TEMP  Smile
There has been a change for this value because on some machines (very few ones) the method could cause a system crash.
So it's disabled by default and you need to enable it using the "Enable PCH Thermal Device" option in HWiNFO.
THX FR THE REPLY MARTIN, I HAVE ALREADY ENABLED IT, SHOULD I BE RESTARTING MY SYSTEM AFTER DOING SO, CUZ ITS STILL NOT SHOWING UP THE PCH TEMP
There should be no system restart needed, just launch HWiNFO again.
If it still doesn't work, please attach the HWiNFO Debug File.
PCH temperature sensor for Intel chipsets is designed to show the temperature of +50 °C, and I saw only one program that it read at lower values, the truth lied shamelessly when it has been seen by a thermocouple attached to an ICH10 chip surface - she showed +35 °C and the program reported the +23 °C, +47 °C is such that you can not trust her testimony, because I forgot about it.
(04-01-2016, 12:53 PM)Martin Wrote: There should be no system restart needed, just launch HWiNFO again.
If it still doesn't work, please attach the HWiNFO Debug File.

Ok , the Intel PCH is showing but, there is no temperature information , just the label only.

I'm currently using my brother's laptop , ASUS X455L and he is also using HWINFO64 in Windows 10 Home Single Language and his PCH is shown perfectly even though it's temp is low (around 30-40C)

I'll get the screenshot and the debug file from my rig later ..
Description below...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-02-2016, 02:20 PM)NareshX Wrote: Debug file and screenshot

Attached Files
.dbg   HWiNFO64.DBG (Size: 743.75 KB / Downloads: 1)
Uninstalling/Reinstalling didn't help...
It might be at the bottom of the list. In sensor settings try to click "Restore Original Order".