Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QX9300 recognized as ES
Hi to all!!

Maybe you can help me....

I bought an apparently OEM Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9300 cpu.

As you can see from the last image on this page:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=""></a><!-- m -->

the cpu seems to be an oem one, with SLB5J sign.

But all the cpu recognize utilies says that this one is ES....
As you can see i used also the original Intel application.

I need some clarifications!

& which is the last cpu stepping od this cpu? (& where can i find a list of all stepping of all cpus???)

Thanks in advance!
I have no 100% explanation for this. I have checked some dumps I have on this CPU (with the same uCode update revision) and they all have the Production flag properly set. Since the CPU is properly marked as a Production Part with a SSPEC, it might be a bug in the internal flag.
In either case, such kind of information is proprietary, so I think the best way would be to contact Intel directly.
E0 is the latest stepping for Penryn CPU and I don't think there's a complete list of all steppings available for all CPUs (since certain steppings are not for public). You might want to browse the Intel ARK database ( for the most of public CPUs, or this database: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=""></a><!-- m -->
Thanks Martin!

I'll contact Intel for further explanation...

I have another question for you.

Can you explain me the numbers signed on this image?
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=""></a><!-- m -->

The "A" one is equal to another image that i found on google images.

Is that the HW revision? I think so because in this image (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=""></a><!-- m -->) there are 4 CPU with equal "A".

The "B" one is equal on all the CPU that i found.

And the "C" one is different sometimes... On my CPU, as you can see there is a "YC..." (that is the same of this ES one: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=""></a><!-- m --> ).

The strange thing is that, this one (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=""></a><!-- m -->), has same "A" but different "C".

Do you think that that "YC" is an ES marker?

Thanks again!!!
A is probably the Intel MM#, but I have no idea about B and C. That might be some internal code that only Intel can decipher..