I'm out of office until Aug-24. Will respond to all requests upon my return. Thanks, Martin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainmeter no longer sees HWINFO after update
Previous version works fine but install 5.54-3200 and Rainmeter's GPU Meter reports "HWINFO NOT DETECTED" although in the link below, it clearly is...

HWINFO NOT DETECTED
Do you have the sensors window of HWiNFO active too ?
Have you tried the HWiNFOSharedMemoryViewer if it can detect HWiNFO and shows sensor values ?
(07-10-2017, 08:02 AM)Martin Wrote: Do you have the sensors window of HWiNFO active too ?
Have you tried the HWiNFOSharedMemoryViewer if it can detect HWiNFO and shows sensor values ?

HWiNFOSharedMemoryViewer does not show HWINFO running.

I used RevoUninstaller and uninstalled both HWINFO and Rainmeter.

I redownloaded HWINFO and reinstalled.

I downloaded Rainmeter and reinstalled.

Same issue. Where can I get an older HWINFO for Windows?
Could this be perhaps something with access/security rights ? Are you running all as Administrator ?
You can download older versions of HWiNFO from here: http://www.oldfoss.com/HWiNFO.html
(07-25-2017, 10:29 PM)Martin Wrote: Could this be perhaps something with access/security rights ? Are you running all as Administrator ?
You can download older versions of HWiNFO from here: http://www.oldfoss.com/HWiNFO.html

closed both. started HWiNFO as admin. started Rainmeter as admin. same issue

uninstalled HWiNFO with revo installer and installed 5.5.3 -3165. same issue

going to attempt this on another machine with a fresh install of OS and both related programs.

we'll see....
(07-27-2017, 01:39 AM)Brellyn Wrote: going to attempt this on another machine with a fresh install of OS and both related programs.

we'll see....

Good idea.
I am seeing the same problem here. I'm using Gadgets 2.3.0 and the latest beta version 5.54-3200 of HWinfo.

I'm seeing the same things as the other posters. CPU meter and the HWinfo plugin both do not show the temperature. The GPU plugin reports HWinfo not found, however it is indeed running, and even with the sensors window open and displaying information, nothing is shown for temperature or fan speeds or memory on the GPU meter though the memory is reported correctly on the CPU meter. The previous HWinfo beta was working correctly with Gadgets 2.3.0 (and 2.2.0) but the latest update broke things. 

I tried reverting to Gadgets 2.2.0, reverted to Rainmeter backups, downgraded the HWinfo to the released version. No combination of fully (as far as I can see) uninstalling everything and bringing it back up again winds up with a working display of temperature.

The latest 5.54-3200 HWinfo broke something that's still broken. I'm interested in ideas as to how to troubleshoot this and help to figure out what was broken. I don't seem to be able to go backwards to any version of Gadgets or HWinfo and get things working again. I had the full display on the CPU meter working great including temperature and the full set of memory, graphs and fan speed working on GPU meter, but it is all inoperative now.
I strongly doubt that some version of HWiNFO could have broken something that can't be reverted by using a previous version (if you believe there's a bug in later versions). HWiNFO doesn't perform any such permanent changes.
I have also tried to reproduce this problem, but can't - it works for me and HWiNFOSharedMemoryViewer always reports all data. Checked on the latest Windows 10 version.
Is it possible that some other change to the system (other software update, antivirus or Microsoft patch) has caused this ?
I don't think so. 

My OS is also Windows 10 Professional and there were no updates yesterday other than the usual Defender signature updates. The only thing I did to break the temperature reporting in the CPU meter and the reporting in GPU meter was after getting the beta update popup window from HWinfo, and installing that as I have done many times before, i.e. stop the existing HWinfo, extract the Beta, copy the HWinfo executable file into the existing HWinfo (64-bit) directory, I did not copy the .ini file as I have already a working setup, and started HWinfo as admin, all as has worked flawlessly each time I have done this before. Usually in a few seconds the temperature displays pop up, the GPU meter displays activate in Rainmeter, and I'm done. 

That did not happen this time. No temp displays and GPU meter reports that it can't find HWinfo. Also, I tried the HWinfo gadget and that can't see the temps either.

I tried everything I could think of to revert to earlier versions of Gadgets (likely not the problem) and HWinfo to see if it fixed the issue (likely is the problem as that one update was the thing I did that broke things.)
With "HWinfo gadget" you mean the HWiNFOMonitor gadget or the simple HWiNFO Sidebar Gadget (HWiNFO64.gadget) ?
I want to say the 64 gadget. I'll have to check, I'm not in front of that PC at the moment.
It's the HWinfo 32/64 tools.

Doesn't see the temps at all.
Can you please post a screenshot of that gadget, I'm still not sure which one you mean.
But if it's the HWiNFO Sidebar Gadget, then it works absolutely different from other gadgets. If the problem would be in interface of HWiNFO to other gadgets, this one should not be affected.
When you have HWiNFO running, do you see sensor values refreshing in the sensors window ?