Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read/Write total
I love HWiNFO

But I have a little bug I think.
When I boot the Read/Write total stay the same.
When before it started from 0.
This happen after I upgrade to new update without changing my settings....

If it not a bug --
What do I need to check or edit to turn it back to 0 Read/Write total on boot ?

Thank you for your Hard work !
I'm not sure if I understand exact the issue.
Those counters come from the operating system and their initial state doesn't depend on when you launch HWiNFO. They reset to 0 on each boot and count upwards until next boot.
(06-25-2019, 08:47 AM)Martin Wrote: I'm not sure if I understand exact the issue.
Those counters come from the operating system and their initial state doesn't depend on when you launch HWiNFO. They reset to 0 on each boot and count upwards until next boot.

It don't go back to 0 on a boot.
attach a pic. I highlight the part I'm talking about...
it been a week or so... I do a cold boot when I come home from work..

Thanks for any help you can give.

I'm looking into this.. I checked Microsoft documentation, but it doesn't provide any details when these counter are reset Sad
(06-25-2019, 04:02 PM)Martin Wrote: I'm looking into this.. I checked Microsoft documentation, but it doesn't provide any details when these counter are reset Sad

I just updated window 10 to 1903 --- and it reset to the total to 0

just to test it .. I move a file to the drive (20GB) and it showed..

I did a shut down and booted back up and it stay at 20GB total... Sad

hope that give you help...

Guess Microsoft change something... Huh
The counter was working before.... on each boot it did reset to 0

Thank you for looking into this Big Grin
If Fast Boot is enabled in Windows, the system is hibernated when you shut down Windows (but the user session is a new one when the system is booted up again). Thus the system uptime and other system parameters are not reset. There's a difference between reboot and shutdown (when Fast Boot is enabled): restarting the system does a reboot, i.e. resetting everything, while a shutdown only hibernates the system as I mentioned already.

Either live with the situation or disable Fast Boot.

Regards
Dalai
(06-25-2019, 05:24 PM)Dalai Wrote: If Fast Boot is enabled in Windows, the system is hibernated when you shut down Windows (but the user session is a new one when the system is booted up again). Thus the system uptime and other system parameters are not reset. There's a difference between reboot and shutdown (when Fast Boot is enabled): restarting the system does a reboot, i.e. resetting everything, while a shutdown only hibernates the system as I mentioned already.

Regards
Dalai

Thank you... I just check and somehow it was enable again...
I didn't even think about it.

Big Grin Big Grin
Thank you for the help guys
Guess 3rd shift is finally getting to me (over14 years) and add kids on that time line..lol
(06-25-2019, 05:24 PM)Dalai Wrote: If Fast Boot is enabled in Windows, the system is hibernated when you shut down Windows (but the user session is a new one when the system is booted up again). Thus the system uptime and other system parameters are not reset. There's a difference between reboot and shutdown (when Fast Boot is enabled): restarting the system does a reboot, i.e. resetting everything, while a shutdown only hibernates the system as I mentioned already.

Regards
Dalai

Thanks for your input, that's a good catch!