Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove Windows 10 Bloat
Wanted to try this one, so i downloaded both scripts. Now i lost my mail, calendar and the app market apps, so i decided to launch the putback script. But they didnt come back. Rebooting didnt solve the issue. Any ideas?
If your data is stored in cloud, it should not be lost. Hard to say what exactly happened without knowing more details.
The reverse script should restore all apps that were uninstalled using the prior script. If that doesn't work you might try to run this from Command Prompt (Admin)):

Code:
PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}"
I love this script.  Takes care of a lot of stuff I wanted to remove/disable.  However, I like my search bar as i use a lot of commands.
You should add the below line to the script.  It disables the "suggested apps" like the Candy Crush junk and whatnot.

REM *** Disable Suggestions in the Start Menu ***
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SystemPaneSuggestionsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
Thanks for the suggestion!