Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Request] Too much fan speed changing
Hi, Martin

I've been using your program for fan control since I got an Aliemware laptop, it's amazing and thanks for your work.

I used to use custom auto but sometimes it's little annonying because it changes fan speed frequently way too much.
For example, I set 70 degrees to trigger 7000rpm, so when temperature goes over 70 degrees, spins up at 7000rpm, and soon temperature drops under 70 degrees thus fan slows down which makes the temperature raise again...it's kinda annoying fans speed up then speed down continueously again and again over and over.
Do you think it might help if you can make it maintain the fan speed 3-5 more seconds when fans intend to slow down (in order to prevent too much fan speed changing)?

Thanks for your time.
Please, read https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-IMPO...an-Control
Hi, VictorVG, Thanks for your attention

The program works flawless on my machine. My request is about another concern.
In our daily use or even in gaming, our cpu usage is not always the same, thus sometimes fan speed changes a lot because of some cpu usage spikes. It goes straight up to 7000rpm and then suddenly drops to 4000rpm and then up to 7000rpm again, I mean 7000rpm then 4000rpm then 7000rpm (continueously changing depends on our fan table setting), in case like this, I prefer it stays at 7000rpm all the time instead of fan speed changing (which makes too much noise and vibration).

So I was thinking maybe hopefully Martin could make a little change in its algorithm to make fan speed stay high for a period of time (maintain fan speed 3-5 seconds before it goes down), maybe in this way fan speed won't change that frequent anymore.
I hope I made my mind clear.

Thanks.