Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Ping an IP and expose that data to RTSS and network
I'd like to say first that this is one of my favourite pieces of software, awesome work guys. 

A killer feature for me would be able to display the ping to an IP address that I can set along with the other sensors I display in RTSS and as bonus from other computers on the network to the same or a different IP.

Is this possible? I know its not strictly a 'sensor' but it'd be a great addition to the visible network stats.
I'm sorry, but I don't plan to implement this feature in the near future.
It's a very specific feature that I believe doesn't belong into sensors.
But I might think about including this (and other special information like current time) sometime later...
(07-16-2015, 09:19 PM)Martin Wrote: I'm sorry, but I don't plan to implement this feature in the near future.
It's a very specific feature that I believe doesn't belong into sensors.
But I might think about including this (and other special information like current time) sometime later...

Thanks for your response, maybe I could write a plugin to support it? Even if it was something as crude as a program updating a JSON file with some information and having that file parsed by HWINFO at intervals.

EDIT: Never mind, I've found a tool called GOverlay that I can run alongside HWInfo and provides the functionality I'd like! (just mentioning here in case this is useful to anyone else)
Thanks, a nice find Wink