Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sensor values for MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
Hello,

First, thanks for the great application!

Second, there might be some issues with this board and the readings from the Nuvoton NCT6795D chip. One by one:

- there are 2 CPU readings; I don't think this was always the case.
- the 2nd CPU reading seems to be identical with CPU (PECI)
- System seems pretty much borked and barely moves from 32-33C, regardless of load
- Auxiliary, AUXTIN1 seem borked as well as they are lower than ambient and not budging under load
- one time under load, and additional AUXTIN3 appeared, borked as well, since it oscillated between 0-1C; can see it on the attached picture
- there's a PCH temperature that pretty much stays at 48-49C; might be the Southbridge? Since that would kinda explain the lack of response under load. Could also be borked, I guess. There's an old post from the AIDA64 dev saying it's the "chipset component", but the Northbridge would be on-die these days, so it should go up with the other temps, sadly it's just guesswork for me.

This basically adds up to the Nuvoton chip being entirely useless temperatures-wise. Now, I know you cannot rely 100% on these things and you need some sort of external probe etc. to properly measure temps, but having an estimation of at least the motherboard/VRM would be nice. Maybe I'm expecting too much from 140 Euro. Imagine how much the decent boards would cost here Sad

Also one question:

Possible to see the VRM temps on this board? I've seen much better boards with seemingly decent cooling getting real toasty on the VRM, so I suspect I should be worried a bit about my budget board with shitty VRM.

You have the PC details on the report. Thanks for taking a look!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.htm   DESKTOP-MTS81IG.HTM (Size: 147.47 KB / Downloads: 1)
.dbg   HWiNFO64x.DBG (Size: 1.11 MB / Downloads: 1)
"System" temperature is reporting the mainboard temperature (a sensor somewhere on mainboard, outside of hotspots), which should be correlating with ambient temperatures.
Auxiliary and AUXTIN values are invalid readouts that should be ignored.
PCH temperature is the Peripheral Controller Hub (sort of south bridge), which is a discrete chip on manboard. Its temperature is higher than ambient (depends on cooler) and doesn't depend on CPU load.
Your board is not capable of measuring VRM temperatures.
(03-29-2018, 07:30 AM)Martin Wrote: "System" temperature is reporting the mainboard temperature (a sensor somewhere on mainboard, outside of hotspots), which should be correlating with ambient temperatures.
Auxiliary and AUXTIN values are invalid readouts that should be ignored.
PCH temperature is the Peripheral Controller Hub (sort of south bridge), which is a discrete chip on manboard. Its temperature is higher than ambient (depends on cooler) and doesn't depend on CPU load.
Your board is not capable of measuring VRM temperatures.

Thanks a lot. 

I suspected there won't be VRM readings. Still disappointed, that should be basic, I don't mind no RGB, no USB 3.1 type c, no WiFi, but extensive sensor data, that I want. Guess it will have to wait until z470 or w/e. I could actually get the PCH temp to go up by doing some CUDA/OPEN CL work, unsure if it was just the GPU heating up the motherboard or the chip itself, but yeah, it looks functional.

There's still a duplicate "CPU" reading, you can see it in the picture. The 2nd "CPU" reading is actually running the same values as "CPU (PECI)". There's also the AUXTIN3 1C temp reading which sometimes appears, sometimes it doesn't, don't know why. I know can remove them, I don't mind them, just thought it might be useful to you.

Thanks again for the clarification.