Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved GPU Memory Usage in Windows 8?
I've tried using MSI Afterburner + it's RTSS, and HWiNFO64 + AB's RTSS in Windows 8, and neither will show or report the value for GPU memory usage.
[Image: Ytc1]

GPU-Z however reports it fine
[Image: Ytbt]

I like being able to see how much gpu memory 3d apps and games use Smile Is there any way to possibly get it detected with HWiNFO?

I'm currently using AMD's latest 12.8 drivers, which are WDDM 1.2 compliant. I have tried using older Windows 7 drivers with only WDDM 1.1 on Windows 8, but this didn't bring the GPU memory usage back either.

As for how I have Windows 8 already, I'm using the free 90-day evaluation on Microsoft's site:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcent...54510.aspx
This is not because of Windows 8, but HWiNFO in general is not able to report GPU Memory Usage on AMD/ATI cards currently (on nVidia this is possible). I have this feature in my to-do list and once I determine how to do this, I'll implement it immediately.
(08-24-2012, 10:51 PM)Martin Wrote: This is not because of Windows 8, but HWiNFO in general is not able to report GPU Memory Usage on AMD/ATI cards currently (on nVidia this is possible). I have this feature in my to-do list and once I determine how to do this, I'll implement it immediately.
Ah, i see. I thought I recalled seeing the option in Windows 7, but I was probably confused with something else. I know Afterburner had the option though.
I have just released a new Beta build 1810, which reports the amount of GPU D3D Dynamic and Dedicated memory.
Smile 
(12-05-2012, 11:11 AM)Martin Wrote: I have just released a new Beta build 1810, which reports the amount of GPU D3D Dynamic and Dedicated memory.
Hi Martin,

I just couldn't resist getting in on to this Beta for the above reasons. Now I have to figure out what not to monitor on our new wonderful Gadget because I have a sever case of screen over run. Big Grin lol You have any suggests on which three or more is less necessary to monitor on screen?

Thanks for the Great work, Smile

Crysta
Hi Crysta,
well, I don't have a suggestion. This is system specific, because each system offers different values to monitor and user-specific (depends on what your expectations are) Smile