Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved HWinfo64 blocks Truecrypt to mount a device.
Hi there.

as first sorry for my english. :-)

Since few weeks i have the problem that the HWiFO process blocks truecrypt so i cannot mount a HDD. If i kill the process in the task manager (or close the programm) i cann mount a truecrypt encrypted HDD.
Please see below for the error from truecrypt while HFinfo process is running an i try to mount a HDD
and the settings of my HWinfo.
Also in the "Sensor" settings i have disabled monitoring for all HDD

Please let me know what i can do in this case.

Best regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Hmm, this is an interesting problem. I'm too using TrueCrypt and haven't seen any problems with that.
Are you running HWiNFO in Sensor-only mode ?
Is there some sensor which when disabled will allow to mount the drive ?
Also, attaching the HWiNFO Debug File might shed more light on issue...
Hi there
thanks for your answer

I run it "sensors only" and i only monitoring sensors for CPU,GPU,Fans and voltages

there is a copy of my debug file
Thanks for the additional information.
Which drive are you trying to mount, your primary hard disk primary partition ?
From which drive do you run HWiNFO ?
HWinfo is running with admin rights (installed 4.38-2200) from system windows drive C: and the drive which i try to mount (if HWinfO is already running) is a secondary drive Z: with backups, movies, mp3 and so on...
and also physically it is another drive (C: is a SSD and Z: an normal HDD)

btw: i´m a lazy guy and HWinfo is running at windows autostart and i don´t want to close every time this tool to mount my drive Z: ;-)
Thanks. I have an idea what might be causing that..
I'll try to fix this in the next version, which will be released soon Wink
Hello Martin
thanks for your help.
i will try the next version ;-)

beste regards
v 4.40 has been released. Please let me know the result.
hello Martin

it seems to work *thumbsup*
thanks for your great support.

best regards
Thanks for the feedback Smile
oh god YES!!!!!!! finally i can use sensor mode again without having to exit hwinfo to mount a drive , this was a fix that needed to be done ever since the last 6 updates , 4.4 ftw! , thanks

btw maybe you could tell us how exactly youve fixed this , since id like to know how this ever was introduced in the first place since i remember a couple versions back that this bug didnt exist
If you would report this issue earlier, the fix could already be done Wink
The issue was that HWiNFO was holding a handle to a disk for the disk activity sensor during the whole runtime. Even though I opened the disk with sharing enabled, it didn't work somehow with TC. Now I open the disk handle everytime the sensor is reading disk activity data and then close it again.
yeah well now i know when ever i have an issue again xD , again thanks alot for this much needed fix and the explanation on the bug , helped alot , keep up the great work , lovin hwinfo