Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved Ivy Bridge 3610qm pcie Graphics root port
I'm on a clevo p150em with a 7970m and a Intel 3610qm.
HWINFO64 reports PCIExpress version 1.1 on:
Intel Ivy Bridge DT - PCI Express Graphics root port[E1/L1/N0/P0]

Now that is kind of funny, seeing as:
max link width: x16
current link width: x16
max link speed: 2.5Gb/s
current link speed: 8.0Gb/s

- when running full performance settings on my system.
Processor is pcie 3.0 capable, 7970m is pcie 3.0 capable, chipset/mainboard is pcie 2.0 capable.
So even when system is idling and dynamic switching is downgrading this doesn't make sense.... I don't hav 1 single version 1.1 component on my system.
Huh
I attached a zipped logfile here...

Attached Files
.zip   p150em.zip (Size: 17.21 KB / Downloads: 1)
Without having a look at the HWiNFO Debug File, I cannot give you a precise answer. However, I suppose this is just a problem with capability reporting of the CPU PCIe Root Port and all is working well. Maybe a BIOS update might fix this issue.
(02-25-2013, 08:30 AM)Martin Wrote: Without having a look at the HWiNFO Debug File, I cannot give you a precise answer. However, I suppose this is just a problem with capability reporting of the CPU PCIe Root Port and all is working well. Maybe a BIOS update might fix this issue.

Here you are :-)

Attached Files
.zip   HWiNFO64.zip (Size: 51.77 KB / Downloads: 4)
According to the dump HWiNFO reports correct values how the PCIe devices are configured.
So this might be a BIOS problem, or maybe a limit set in the BIOS.
(02-26-2013, 09:59 AM)Martin Wrote: According to the dump HWiNFO reports correct values how the PCIe devices are configured.
So this might be a BIOS problem, or maybe a limit set in the BIOS.

I am running on a AMD enduro system, so it is clocking down when I am not using resources. I am attaching a new debug file for full load on my graphics.
Pc Wizard reports it right.....

Attached Files
.zip   HWiNFO64.zip (Size: 52.67 KB / Downloads: 1)
Thanks, I see now.. The problem is that the PCI Express specification is not very clear about encoding of supported speeds and it seems the meaning is slightly different than I originally understood. I'll update HWiNFO to change the way how it reports this, so the next build should report this correctly.
Thanks for your feedback.
(02-26-2013, 02:08 PM)Martin Wrote: Thanks, I see now.. The problem is that the PCI Express specification is not very clear about encoding of supported speeds and it seems the meaning is slightly different than I originally understood. I'll update HWiNFO to change the way how it reports this, so the next build should report this correctly.
Thanks for your feedback.

Thank YOU for making a very useful tool for free use :-) I am just generally interested in these things, and very thankful for your help Smile
Please check the new beta release v4.13-1863 if it reports correctly now.
(02-28-2013, 08:30 PM)Martin Wrote: Please check the new beta release v4.13-1863 if it reports correctly now.

Yes Indeed :-)
Looks good ! Thanks for your help - Nice to get that cleared up :-)