Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved Shared Memory
I have installed the latest version of HWINFO32 v5.10-2700. On all the previous versions have the plugin for rainmeter and it has worked, with the new version i just installed it fails to work now. Tried to check for the shared memory setting but i cannot find it in the new version. I have updated several versions and never had to change anything before. Can someone please tell me where i would find that setting, I am looking in the general settings tab and i dont see it. Thank You. Have been using HWINFO for quite a long time and really like it but would like the rainmeter plugin working.
Which version of Rainmeter and plug-in are you using? You might check this thread: http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Missi...-CRT-Dll-s
There will soon be a new version of the plug-in.
(01-01-2016, 12:50 AM)Martin Wrote: Which version of Rainmeter and plug-in are you using? You might check this thread: http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Missi...-CRT-Dll-s
There will soon be a new version of the plug-in.

I am using the hwinfo plugin 2.0, using rainmeter 3.2.0 but as stated above was working great til i updated to the latest version of hwinfo, also i cannot find a option for shared memory like there was in previous version? Also just so you know i already have Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 installed . The HWINFO plugin loads it just cannot see the sensors.

The error says" HWINFO.dll: Could not connect to HWINFO. Please ensure HWINFO is running, sensors are active, and shared memory is enabled". But I dont see a option in the settings in HWINFO for turning on shared memory though
Hi,

It sounds like the Rainmeter plugin is not able to connect to HWiNFO's shared memory.  This requires that:
1 - Shared Memory Support is enabled in HWiNFO's settings
2 - sensors are active (open or minimized, don't close sensors)

Here is a pic of the setting you are reporting you can't find.  I already discussed with Martin, and he said it should be there.  Can you verify you have it and it is checked?

[Image: shared-memory-setting.png]
(01-01-2016, 05:46 PM)stangowner Wrote: Hi,

It sounds like the Rainmeter plugin is not able to connect to HWiNFO's shared memory.  This requires that:
1 - Shared Memory Support is enabled in HWiNFO's settings
2 - sensors are active (open or minimized, don't close sensors)

Here is a pic of the setting you are reporting you can't find.  I already discussed with Martin, and he said it should be there.  Can you verify you have it and it is checked?

[Image: shared-memory-setting.png]

I did finally find the option and it is checked. SO not sure what is going wrong with it to be honest.
And you either:
1 - checked sensors only at startup
2 - clicked the sensors button at the top of the main window

These are the 2 ways to runs sensors.  It should result in a windows looking like this.  And it needs to remain open or minimized.

[Image: sensors.png]
So i figured it out, All my settings were good, However when i installed the new version it usually keeps all my settings, this time it didnt. I tried running hwinfo with admin privileges and now shared memory viewer and everything else is working now