Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved]  Temps Nuvoton nct6796d and Asus H370-Prome
Hi. 
I have an asus prime h370-plus motherboard with an i5-8400 processor and I am concerned about the unchanging temperature reading in the screen shot in the red field. I noticed that this incorrect reading is the same as in the bios (there also the reading is always at +11 ° C). The automatic cooling of the cooling fan of the CPU is not working through this incorrect reading. Is the motherboard damaged or is it some other problem?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If the BIOS shows the same value for CPU temperature, then it looks like a mainboard defect and you should consider a RMA.
I'd perhaps also suggest to also check with ASUS AiSuite to be sure.
(02-24-2019, 05:15 PM)Martin Wrote: If the BIOS shows the same value for CPU temperature, then it looks like a mainboard defect and you should consider a RMA.
I'd perhaps also suggest to also check with ASUS AiSuite to be sure.

Thank you for your help.
Bios also shows the wrong CPU temperature, so I will send back the motherboard for replacement.
I'm just wondering if it could be the processor's fault? What do you think about it ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is more likely a problem of mainboard or BIOS.
Try to upgrade the BIOS to latest version if that will perhaps fix it.
Bios, I have the latest one, so that's not it. I send the motherboard to RMA, we'll see what they say.
I sent the motherboard to RMA, they found that one pin of the CPU socket was bent slightly. My complaint was accepted.
Subject to be closed.