Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[solved]  UUID, digits swapped
I discovered that HWiNFO displays the system's UUID differently than other tools. The last group of four digits is swapped.
To illustrate, (1) is what HWiNFO shows and (2) is what other methods return:

(1) xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-AABB-xxxxxxxxxxxx

(2) xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-BBAA-xxxxxxxxxxxx

The methods that return (2) are:
- A query to the WMI class Win32_ComputerSystemProduct, UUID
- The command "dmidecode -s system-uuid" in Linux
Thanks for letting me know. This will be fixed in the next build.
Glad to help. Don't know how I managed to mess up the thread title though... Blush
Sorry for bumping this thread but there seems to still be a problem with the UUID display.
See example below where, as before, I marked the portions that are displayed incorrectly.

Correct UUID:

What HWiNFO shows:
Oh, sorry, you're right!
Shall be fixed in the next build.

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)