Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved]  Unreally big powers and 0 RPM fans
1) Another funny glitch, huge max core powers. Seen for first time. See attachment.

2) Chassis fans RPM sometimes "drops" to 0 RPM, but they actually are rotating.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How frequently do those invalid core powers occur? It would be great if you could catch that in a HWiNFO Debug File and then post it here.
(03-12-2019, 08:20 PM)Martin Wrote: How frequently do those invalid core powers occur? It would be great if you could catch that in a HWiNFO Debug File and then post it here.

Used program about 1.5 month, and seen for first time. I should to enable Debug mode in settings, and in case of bug close program and then post HWiNFO64.DBG file?

And what about 0 RPM? I see it only in this program, other monitors never indicating minimum of 0 RPM.
If you have seen that only once then it will be very difficult to capture in DBG. Note that running in Debug Mode constantly writes to disk a lot of data, so it's not recommended for long periods.
Which fan is showing 0 RPM, under which heading is it ?
(03-14-2019, 08:53 PM)Martin Wrote: Which fan is showing 0 RPM, under which heading is it ?

Chassis fans which connected to motherboard and controlled from motherboard (BIOS settings), via PWM or DC - no matter for glitch.
(03-15-2019, 05:21 PM)Geek_Geekson Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 08:53 PM)Martin Wrote: Which fan is showing 0 RPM, under which heading is it ?

Chassis fans which connected to motherboard and controlled from motherboard (BIOS settings), via PWM or DC - no matter for glitch.

Such glitches can happen on those mainboard series. Are you sure that other tools don't show them, are the able to report min/max values read?
(03-15-2019, 08:04 PM)Martin Wrote: Such glitches can happen on those mainboard series. Are you sure that other tools don't show them, are the able to report min/max values read?

Yes, other tools that able to monitor min and max values - never show min of 0 RPM, during 2 months. But in this tool I see it very often.
What other tools have you used?
Are you running HWiNFO along with any other such tool when the drop to 0 occurs, or is it running alone?
(03-16-2019, 11:59 AM)Martin Wrote: What other tools have you used?
Are you running HWiNFO along with any other such tool when the drop to 0 occurs, or is it running alone?

AIDA64 (stability test window) and something else (don't remember). HWiNFO running alone.
Catched with parallel running:

This could be a collision when multiple tools are running together and other tools might be ignoring the 0 value.
To confirm this, please watch the value when you have only HWiNFO running and no other tools (including AIDA64).
No, I said that I see this glitch very often also when HWiNFO running alone, without any other tools. This example illustrates only that this glitch I see only in HWiNFO.
OK, please try this build and let me know if you still observe the issue: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_603_3702.zip
(03-16-2019, 10:24 PM)Martin Wrote: OK, please try this build and let me know if you still observe the issue: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_603_3702.zip

Tried this build. 0 RPM glitch still present Sad
OK, so... Please get this build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_603_3704.zip
Right after starting it, enable Debug Mode as described here: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-IMPO...g-a-report
Then let run the sensors and when the 0 RPM occurs, close HWiNFO, grab the HWiNFO64.DBG file it produced and attach here.
The file might be quite large, so before attaching you might need to compress it using ZIP, RAR, 7z, etc.
Still present.

Attached Files
.zip   HWiNFO64.zip (Size: 340.72 KB / Downloads: 2)
Thanks! I think I found the bug. I will post a new test version in a few minutes.
Please try this build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_603_3705.zip
and let me know if it fixes the 0 RPM problem.
Tested continuously during 2 days. No glitch. Seems that fixed.
Great Smile Thanks for the feedback.