Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some values misreported with ASUS X99 Sabertooth
Hello, I recently installed the X99 Sabertooth and have noticed some things are a little off. For one, the CPU package power only goes from around 0.4W to 3.6W under full load, when in fact my 5820k has a TDP of 150W. Also, many of the fans are not reported, there's 11 headers on the board and only 3 show up. Same with temp sensors, only 1 shows up. All of these show up fine in the AIsuite package from ASUS, but I'd like to be able to see them in HWiNFO!

Thanks for the help!
This sounds a bit unusual, tried to reset preferences in HWiNFO ?
Please attach the HWiNFO Report File and Debug File for analysis.
(08-08-2015, 08:07 AM)Martin Wrote: This sounds a bit unusual, tried to reset preferences in HWiNFO ?
Please attach the HWiNFO Report File and Debug File for analysis.

I just updated to the beta to try and in the process overwrote the preference file. Attached are the files. Thanks for helping!

Attached Files
.htm   report.HTM (Size: 331.84 KB / Downloads: 1)
.dbg   HWiNFO64.DBG (Size: 628.04 KB / Downloads: 1)
Thanks for the data.
The problem with CPU Package Power might be because of SVID disabled - in this mode the internal CPU power measurement doesn't work properly.
I'll fix in the next Beta the sensors reported for all values except Assistant fans, which use a more complex access method that could cause problems when used along with ASUS or other tools reading sensor values.
(08-09-2015, 08:23 AM)Martin Wrote: Thanks for the data.
The problem with CPU Package Power might be because of SVID disabled - in this mode the internal CPU power measurement doesn't work properly.
I'll fix in the next Beta the sensors reported for all values except Assistant fans, which use a more complex access method that could cause problems when used along with ASUS or other tools reading sensor values.

Enabling SVID worked, thanks!
The new v5.03-2595 Beta should fix the X99 Sabertooth sensors.
Please try and let me know if/how it works.