Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T1 Temperature
Hello

Is T1 temperature reporting VRM temperature on MSI Z270 Gaiming Plus motherboard?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

For the Z270 Gaming Plus model, the T1 value is most probably the CPU socket temperature.
But try the latest HWiNFO Beta version (v5.93-3610), this should report independent VRM temperature straight from the VRM (if supported by the VRM and SVID is enabled). Check under the CPU sensor.
Hi Martin, I used v5.93-3610 but could not locate the VRM temperature like others have reported. Am I missing something?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The VR used might not be capable of monitoring its temperature.
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File and I will check that to be sure.
(12-19-2018, 05:33 PM)Martin Wrote: The VR used might not be capable of monitoring its temperature.
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File and I will check that to be sure.

Here we go.

Attached Files
.zip   debug.zip (Size: 163.14 KB / Downloads: 3)
Indeed, sadly that VR doesn't support temperature monitoring.
(12-19-2018, 07:10 PM)Martin Wrote: Indeed, sadly that VR doesn't support temperature monitoring.

Thanks for your help.
Isn't it strange some people with the same board report VRM temps? Is MSI using different vrm's on the same boards?
Some vendors do such tricks, not sure about MSI.
I'd need to see the HWiNFO Debug File of such a system.
Some guy on the MSI forum is saying T1 is VRM temp. When I blow hot air over the vrm's, the T1 temp does climb. I don't know what to make of all this?
It might be some sensor placed on the mainboard close to VRM, but I don't think it reflects the true VRM temperature.