Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eSATA wakeup
I have an eSATA controller in my PC, plus external docking. I can only get the disks recognized when starting HWiNFO64, when  it starts polling the hardware. Then the disks become visible. Now, it's overkill having to start HWiNFO64 every time I need to connect a disk. Smile so I wonder what exactly HWiNFO64 does when polling the disks, and if it's reproducible in another way. A script polling just the disks, then quitting, for instance?
HWiNFO doesn't check for new devices during runtime, this happens only during startup.
Constant checking for new devices (even only disks) would be a time and resource consuming process that would affect system/monitoring performance.
(05-04-2019, 09:41 PM)Martin Wrote: HWiNFO doesn't check for new devices during runtime, this happens only during startup.
Constant checking for new devices (even only disks) would be a time and resource consuming process that would affect system/monitoring performance.

I might have been unclear. When I start HWiNFO, the drives are polled, and become visible. I can immediately quit HWiNFO, after that. The drives stay up. I was just wondering how this polling is done, so I could create a bat script that does the same. But you gave me an idea. I just found out that checking for new hardware from Device Manager also does the same. I'm sorry, this isn't strictly HWiNFO related, but it was with that I first got the disks to become visible. I will google how Device Manager does it. Thank you!