Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hwinfo 555 DOS
This tool hangs pc during reading motherboard system info.
PT880 motherboards.
HWiNFO for DOS is no longer maintained. The development has been ceased a few years ago so I might no longer be able to provide a fix for this issue.
At which entry does the hang happen, are you able to create a screenshot/photo of the screen ?
(01-21-2016, 02:24 PM)Martin Wrote: HWiNFO for DOS is no longer maintained. The development has been ceased a few years ago so I might no longer be able to provide a fix for this issue.
At which entry does the hang happen, are you able to create a screenshot/photo of the screen ?

I try to illustrate the situation in a simple way:

1. dos USb access;
  2. c:\hwinf555.exe
  3. the window appears;
  4. selecting motherboard information from the menù;
  5. pc hangs.
I cannot make a screenshot because the system hangs and because I don' remember if the possibility to capture is provided by the tools. However I've notificated this bug only for your interest: I can use the previous version to see system information by dos.
Diagnose program can right  don't recognize VIA PT880 Ultra "chipset" - AGP + PCIe + many old technical solution Big Grin

Whoever came up with this dog hybrid with a suitcase certainly looked firmly to the bottom of the bottle. Big Grin  In terms of circuitry, this solution nonsense rare. Big Grin
(03-23-2016, 04:21 AM)VictorVG Wrote: Diagnose program can right  don't recognize VIA PT880 Ultra "chipset" - AGP + PCIe + many old technical solution Big Grin

Whoever came up with this dog hybrid with a suitcase certainly looked firmly to the bottom of the bottle. Big Grin  In terms of circuitry, this solution nonsense rare. Big Grin

thanks for reply. However the previous release of hwinfo works.
besides this release misses HWINFO.SYS file... why?
Azrael5

This solution when people tried to guess that will remain afloat. Always a good does not work. I'd rather tinker me it is easier to ensure than in the scheme of the opportunity to apply RTL, DTL, TTL, STTL, ECL, pMOS, nMOS or CMOS chips, depending on whether that supply vessels in the sausage department will purchase. Smile