+5V from motherboard

RUM

Hi,

I have built a new system and when playing Battlefield 1 I noticed that the +5V reading on HWInfo64 shows a minimum of 4.980 V, is this normal or my PSU is faulty?

This are the readings HWInfo64 is giving:

3m7L5q8.png

+5V is at 5.010V on destkop, gaming is always at 4.980V.

I also noticed 1 memory error playing BF1 after 1 hour, is that normal? I'm using default clocks and voltages for the GPU (Sapphire NITRO+ RX480).

Thanks!

4.980 V at the 5V rail is well OK.
1 GPU Memory Error is also quite OK, though with stock GPU memory settings and timings there should be none. But it can happen, since some vendors slightly overclock the memory or use tighter settings. In case of issues with GPU memory users see many more (sometimes thousands or millions of) errors.

Hi Martin,

Many thanks for your fast answer!

Martin said:
4.980 V at the 5V rail is well OK.

Look at the 3.3V too, is it right for a new PSU? Isn't it too far away from the 3.3v? (Minimum 3.265 and average of 3.285)

Martin said:
1 GPU Memory Error is also quite OK, though with stock GPU memory settings and timings there should be none. But it can happen, since some vendors slightly overclock the memory or use tighter settings. In case of issues with GPU memory users see many more (sometimes thousands or millions of) errors.

Yeah mine is the "OCed" edition of the card. I'm having GPU crashes since the first day (this was the only component that isn't completely new in this build), even with lower clocks. I built this new system and I'm testing it now at stock clock. For now I only got that memory error on HWInfo64, I will wait to see if I will have system crashes...

Thanks!!

"Look at the 3.3V too, is it right for a new PSU? Isn't it too far away from the 3.3v? (Minimum 3.265 and average of 3.285)"

Thanks

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your feedback.

Is there any chance that HWInfo64 is reading GPU memory errors that doesn't exist? What I mean, is if it's possible that HWinfo is "bugging".

Im asking this because yesterday I was seeing many GPU Memory errors when running Battlefield 1, Unigine Valley, etc, and I also noticed some weird audio glitch when opening "Tray icon settings" on HWInfo64. After a system restart I'm not seeing GPU memory errors anymore and I already stress tested the GPU with many benchmarks & games (the audio glitch disappeared too).

Thanks!

This information should be reliable, it's retrieved from GPU internal counters.

Back