A kind of improvement request

ckotick

Hello.

I know, sensor monitoring for GA-MA790 was implemented long ago, and even was improved in version 3.30.
But I'm new to the program, and I was used to use HWMonitor. Don't like the way it changed with the last two versions and found HWiNFO.Still, I'd like to see HWiNFO32/64 monitoring the third thermal sensor of my motherboard. I believe it's located somewhere near VRM, and I see consistent readings with old HWMonitor (TMPIN2). That temperature rises when CPU is under load, and slowly goes down when CPU is back in idle state. Could this be implemented?
Also there seems to be a sensor for -12V monitoring. It's pretty useless, anyway its implementation would be nice too.
Thank you for your work, for it's free for us.

Okay, I'll enable the 3rd temperature for this board in the next build (but not quite sure if this value is really correct, or just bogus).
I'm quite sure that the -12V reading displayed by HWMonitor is not a correct value (I doubt the system monitors this value).
Important is what the BIOS System Health screen displays, can you please take a photo of this screen and post it here?

Alright, here we go...
As we both knew, there are only two temperatures. And as we both know, there are more sensors available to the installed ITE8720. I also know that the third sensor is bogus on MA770 motherboards, and still I think that on MA790 it's not.
Interestingly enough, BIOS setup and Easy Tune 6 do not provide readings for +5V or Vbatt, though other monitoring softwares do.

Yes, the sensor chip itself has more inputs for measurements, but it's a common practice that several mainboard models do not have some of them connected at all and then such a reading gives invalid/erratic values. Important is what the BIOS says..
I'll enable the 3rd temperature reporting, but will not modify the voltage values since I want to avoid reporting bogus numbers and confuse users.

Thank you.
Finally, I've measured -12V with the help of multimeter. It's really -12V and has nothing common with the readings from ITE.
I've measured other voltages before just to know how accurate their readings were. Pretty accurate.

Back