Alienware 18 Fan Control

jayh21012

Hello, I have noticed my fans will not activate automatically by my system, which has led to using HWinfo64. While this software has proven useful, I seem to be unaware about how to make the program detect my 2 GPU fans. When in the fan control menu, the only slider usable is "Fan 1" and operates my CPU fan just fine. I was wondering if any assistance could be offered on how to make my GPU fans show up and be controlled properly since my computer will not do so on it's own for some reason.

Thanks

jayh21012 said:
Hello, I have noticed my fans will not activate automatically by my system, which has led to using HWinfo64. While this software has proven useful, I seem to be unaware about how to make the program detect my 2 GPU fans. When in the fan control menu, the only slider usable is "Fan 1" and operates my CPU fan just fine. I was wondering if any assistance could be offered on how to make my GPU fans show up and be controlled properly since my computer will not do so on it's own for some reason.

Thanks

LOOK FOR OVERCLOCKING FOR YOUR CARD AND THERE YOU WILL KNOW IF YOUR HARDWARE IS WORKING

PAWEKAM said:
jayh21012 said:

Thanks

LOOK FOR OVERCLOCKING FOR YOUR CARD AND THERE YOU WILL KNOW IF YOUR HARDWARE IS WORKING

I dont follow, a bit vague there

Older Alienware models unfortunately don't offer a way to let applications control other fans separately.

Back