Aquasuite + AXi PSU

Hi.  I was wondering if it was possible to get any readings like power and temp from a AX1200i PSU to Aquacomputer's Aquasuite?  I'am hoping I can do as so since I haven't seen my PSU's readings since I got rid of the dreadful Corsair Link years ago.  I got tired of being a payed beta tester.  I used the original and than got the newer nodes.  Nothing changed for YEARS so I left everything in the dust.  That's why I spend $300+ on the Aquaero ecosystem and haven't looked back.  If I'm able to get the readings I used to get from the Link to the Aquasuite, that would make my day, week, month, year.  I should note, I use HWiNFO64 to input some software temp sensors and Aquasuite has a Power measurement's tab.

Thanks

If HWiNFO shows the PSU values you should be able to get them into Aquasuite.

Thanks for the response.  I did find and added the PSU's temp in the Software Temps Sensors tab.  I should note, while my PSU temps look normal at full load while folding, at idle I noticed erratic higher temps which I thought was odd.

Is there any possible way of getting the PSU in the Power Consumption tab?  If this was possible, that would pretty much seal the deal.

Thanks for the response. I did find and added the PSU's temp in the Software Temps Sensors tab. I should note, while my PSU temps look normal at full load while folding, at idle I noticed erratic higher temps which I thought was odd.

Is there any possible way of getting the PSU in the Power Consumption tab? If this was possible, that would pretty much seal the deal.

How high were the erratic temperatures ?
Aquasuite has access to all HWiNFO sensor data, so questions related to handling sensor values there should be directed to Aquacomputer.

That looks like temps under load are lower than idle, is that correct or have you mixed the images ?
BTW, if you want to embed images on this forum you need to make sure the URLs are https (not plain http).

Martin said:
That looks like temps under load are lower than idle, is that correct or have you mixed the images ?
BTW, if you want to embed images on this forum you need to make sure the URLs are https (not plain http).

Yes, that is correct.  When the system is idling, the PSU temps are high and when its on load, its in the range of the norm iirc when the system was on load in the past when I was running Corsair Link. I even went as far as checking all the connections from the PSU to the USB.

Well, that's really odd. Can you please try to confirm if the Corsair Link software shows the same abnormal temperatures? I will then know if the bug is in the device/firmware, or HWiNFO.

Martin said:
Well, that's really odd. Can you please try to confirm if the Corsair Link software shows the same abnormal temperatures? I will then know if the bug is in the device/firmware, or HWiNFO.

I don't have CL installed atm or have had it installed in years as I'm worried it could conflict with my other monitoring software as I've heard is possible.  I guess i can give it a shot.  Only thing is getting rid of it from the system might be a task n a half.

Here are images I took while running CL to compare all on idle. I should note I'm running Aquasuite 2017-1.3 and Corsair Link v4.3.0.154 as they're both up-to-date.

Here's what it looks like under the HWiNFO tab in AQsuite.

HWiNFO64 - 67.8c

f52d2906c1.jpg

While keeping that open, I decided to open up AQsuite's tab which has its own sensors to compare along with Corsair Link's real time monitoring.  

HWiNFO64 - 67.8c
AQsuite - 52.8c
Corsair Link - 42.5c

f52d3e0bc4.jpg

I removed the AX1200i PSU sensor tab in AQsuite and reentered them.

HWiNFO64 - 53.2c, 42.2c, 67.8c
AQsuite - 52.8c
Corsair Link - 42.5c

f52d4ce160.jpg

I than proceeded to restart AQsuite once after all those readings.

HWiNFO64 - 68.8c (All the other sensors disappeared)
AQ Suite - 50.0c (Stuck at that number for sometime.)
Corsair Link - 43.0c

f52d5a3e60.jpg

That looks like Temperature1 reported by HWiNFO is the one to be used, not Temperature3. Perhaps AquaSuite has a problem reading all temperatures from HWiNFO..

Actually I believe this is expected behavior. Under low load the AXi fans don't spin up, allowing the temperature to rise up to ~50c whcih is fine for that PSU. If the temperature goes higher the fan kicks in and the temps lower, after which it shuts off and allows it to repeat. When load goes up the temp goes over 50c and the fans stay on, and I believe there is a certain watts threshhold where the fans turn on and stay on until the load falls off again.
Confusing I know, I have PSU temp charted in gamergraf and I also noticed that while all my other components get hotter under load my PSU temp drops, which is a bit counterintuitive.
I believe this would be less of a mystery if HWiNFO was able to get the FAN RPM of the PSU FAN.

Back