Asus TUF B550-PLUS + HWiNFO64 6.29-4230

Pictus

Thank you!
But Temp2 and Temp5 do not seems to be right...
ytjdssH.png

The Gigabyte RX 5600 XT WINDFORCE OC 6G is using a PCIe slot set to generation 3, not 4, so
the PCIe Link Speed should be 8 GT/s and not 16 GT/s ?
flILxNp.png

Last edited:
Thank you!
But Temp2 and Temp5 do not seems to be right...
ytjdssH.png
Up until now, every ASUS X570 user I know see these Temp2/5 fault readings. If you do a search here at hwinfo forums you will find a lot.
As it seems, ASUS B550 has it too. Ignore them or disable them so you dont have to see them.
Do some testing if you feel like it... Load the system with something heavy to start increasing temperatures. Do these two (temp2/5) increase also or drop?

The Gigabyte RX 5600 XT WINDFORCE OC 6G is using a PCIe slot set to generation 3, not 4, so
the PCIe Link Speed should be 8 GT/s and not 16 GT/s ?
flILxNp.png
What GPU-Z is showing for PCI-E speed? ...and may I ask why you have set it on Gen3 when both the board and card are Gen4 capable? I know it wont utilize it, but still...

Untitled04.png

Last edited:
Up until now, every ASUS X570 user I know see these Temp2/5 fault readings. If you do a search here at hwinfo forums you will find a lot.
As it seems, ASUS B550 has it too. Ignore them or disable them so you dont have to see them.
Do some testing if you feel like it... Load the system with something heavy to start increasing temperatures. Do these two (temp2/5) increase also or drop?

AIDA64 system stability test made TEMP2 change 1ºC :)
What GPU-Z is showing for PCI-E speed? ...and may I ask why you have set it on Gen3 when both the board and card are Gen4 capable? I know it wont utilize it, but still...
PCIe GEN3 to avoid "strange things" like this

A10I8vq.png

The AMD Radeon software

I checked that dump and verified via PCI Express specification and it indeed reports current link speed being 16 GT/s.

I checked that dump and verified via PCI Express specification and it indeed reports current link speed being 16 GT/s.
That is strange as Radeon software reports PCIe GEN3.
Anyway, enabled PCIe GEN4 and created a new debug file.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64_PCIe4.rar
    161.1 KB · Views: 1
Hm, interesting. The GPU device doesn't indicate a speed change, but the port to which it's attached does.
Can you verify this in the main window of HWiNFO - Bus node?

And what PCIe rates show the parent devices of the GPU - Navi10 Switch Upstream/Downstream and AMD PCIe GPP Bridge[7:0] ?

Thanks. This is interesting - the AMD PCIe Root Port is limited to 2.5 GT/s, Navi10 Upstream to 8 GT/s, Downstream and the internal GPU to 16 GT/s.
I will update this in the next (Beta) build to reflect the lowest limit in the port path.

I have set PCI-E Gen4 enable(auto) in Bios. Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro and MSI 5700XT GamingX. In my HWiNFO main window, for downstream/upstream PCIE GPP and everywhere else in bus node info and the card’s info, is shown as 4.0 and 16GT/s.

Still in GPU-Z the “bus interface” is showing current mode (@) fluctuating between “x16 4.0“ and “x16 1.1” when PC doing light stuff or idles. What’s that all about?
In sensors window “PCI-E link Speed” is always 16.0GT/s. I remember now that some times in the past (Maybe months ago) I have seen a 2.5GT/s on Min column.

Reducing the PCIe link mode is a normal power management feature to save power when not utilized.
HWiNFO was checking the state of the GPU device only. Based on these observations I will modify it so, that it will report the lowest mode among the entire PCIe path of the GPU (including all ports).

Please try the new Beta build 4235, that should now report proper PCIe rate for the GPU when the rate is reduced at port.

Back