auxtin1

mick500

Hi, not sure if it's a bug or not or if i'm in the right section, but i'm getting a reading of 0 then 120 degrees for auxtin1. Is that likely a anomaly? All other readings are good. And qhat is auxtin1? Cheers.

This depends on the mainboard model you have, because each one has the sensor inputs connected (or not connected) in a different way.
But I think this one is not connected on your mainboard and thus providing erratic values. You should ignore it.

Martin said:
This depends on the mainboard model you have, because each one has the sensor inputs connected (or not connected) in a different way.
But I think this one is not connected on your mainboard and thus providing erratic values. You should ignore it.

I have a msi gd65 if that helps you determine whether it's a real reading or not? Thanks heaps.

Martin said:
There are several MSI GD65 models, but anyway I believe it's not real.

Alright, thank you. Is there any other way to test it? I don't even know what auxtin1 is , but i just don't like seeing those high numbers with out investigating, and not much comes up in google. Thanks again.

There is no way how to determine if a particular sensor input is really connected to a temperature diode. One would need to see the mainboard's schematics, which are of course not available.
Values which behave as you describe (jumping up/down across a wide range) are almost always such not connected sensors.

Back