Can someone explain the different CPU temps and what they mean?

Amrooshy

I think the individual core temps are just that temps for every core individually

Distance to TjMAX has something to do with throttling I think

No idea whats a CPU package

CPU max is the highest temp from individual ones

Is the second CPU package different?

No idea what CPU IA and CPU GT mean.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
This has been already explained a few times on this forum.
Tj,max is the maximum temperature at which thermal throttling starts. So distance to that is how much room is left before reaching the critical value.
CPU IA Cores is the temperature of x86 (IA) execution cores only, GT cores covers the integrated graphics part of the CPU.
CPU Package is the 256 ms averaged temperature of the hottest part of the entire CPU package (including IA, GT, uncore, etc). The second value is retrieved via a different source and should be equal, however on some systems there might be an offset.

This has been already explained a few times on this forum.
Tj,max is the maximum temperature at which thermal throttling starts. So distance to that is how much room is left before reaching the critical value.
CPU IA Cores is the temperature of x86 (IA) execution cores only, GT cores covers the integrated graphics part of the CPU.
CPU Package is the 256 ms averaged temperature of the hottest part of the entire CPU package (including IA, GT, uncore, etc). The second value is retrieved via a different source and should be equal, however on some systems there might be an offset.
I guess the things you didn't mention I guessed correctly?

Back