Confirmation mail sent to vivaldi.net domain does not work

EricJH

I don't know where to post this so I am posting it in the General Discussions section.

I wanted to register for this forum and signed up with an email account with a vivaldi.net account. The confirmation email did not arrive. I tried with a second email address at vivaldi.net and the confirmation email did not arrive there either. Using a gmail account did work. Both vivaldi accounts work.

I don't know if this is on vivaldi.net's end or this forum software's end. This is just an inquiry.

E-mails are always sent so the problem must be on the recipient side. Several servers refuse e-mails based on very strict rules.

I started the inquiry and got the following reply today:
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and sorry for the trouble.

We have investigated this issue, and it looks like the configuration of the host.hwinfo.com server is incorrect. The forward DNS record is different from the reverse DNS record. The messages are being rejected because our server is unable to find the hostname of the sender. Unfortunately, this issue needs to be fixed by the hwinfo.com administrators.

This puts the ball back in this field. Let me know if you want me to test something while trying to fix this.

Back