Core sensor showing 255c!

doveman

I don't know why but in the last week or so it's started sometimes showing my Core/CPU 0 sensor as 255c as soon as I launch HwInfo and so I keep getting warnings from it.

This has just happened after a cold boot but what has sorted it out when it's happened previously is to just reboot.

I did reset my BIOS to defaults recently (I'm pretty sure I set all the BIOS settings back as they were before though) as I'd been running my 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz at 1333Mhz as otherwise 4GB of it was not visible to Windows (it was at POST) but someone showed me how to fix this (basically pull all the RAM, reset the CMOS and put the RAM back in again) and now Windows can see the whole 16GB at 1600Mhz.

I also updated my ATI CCC from 13.4 to 13.6 beta 2 but the problem started before that.

The same problem actually happens in HwMonitor, so it's not a HwInfo-specific issue but I thought there might be something in the logs (attached) that might help show what's going on, if you'd be kind enough to take a look.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    43.9 KB · Views: 2
I believe this is an invalid reading and I don't know the reason why it happens. Maybe a BIOS update might help?
Anyway, I'll filter-out such values and not show them in the next build.

Thanks. Yeah, it's strange and didn't happen before I reset the CMOS but I'll ask on the MSI forum and see if there's a BIOS update that might fix it.

Back