Corsair RMi Total Power reading drops to 0 if voltages/currents are hidden

Glenwing

Alternatively, you can hide voltage or current readings from one of the rails and the power reading will drop to only account for whatever's left (i.e. if I hide the 3V and 12V rails so only the 5V rail is showing at 4A 5V, the total PSU power will read only 20W).

I'm guessing since unchecking the "show" button in the layout options for voltage/current also unchecks "monitoring", the power reading is depending on the data coming in from those other sensors :p Unfortunately this means (as far as I can tell) there is no way to hide voltage or current from the Sensors window if you are not interested in those, only in the total power. Also, any way to add an efficiency figure? Corsair Link software monitors both input and output power so in theory it should be possible to pull both of those, and calculate efficiency from that.

That's right - the total power calculation depends on sum of all rails.
There's an alternate method to provide power readings straight from the PSU, but those values seem not precise enough (0.5W resolution), so I have decided to implement it as is now. But I might add an additional total power reading from the PSU.

As for efficiency, please see this recent post: http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Corsair-HXi?pid=9938#pid9938

Martin said:
That's right - the total power calculation depends on sum of all rails.
There's an alternate method to provide power readings straight from the PSU, but those values seem not precise enough (0.5W resolution), so I have decided to implement it as is now. But I might add an additional total power reading from the PSU.

As for efficiency, please see this recent post: http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Corsair-HXi?pid=9938#pid9938

Alright, thanks for the reply and all your work Martin :)

In the next build I will rename the current "Total PSU Power" to "PSU Power (sum)" and will add a new value called "PSU Power" that will report a power value read from the PSU, which is however with 0.5W precision. This new value will not depend on others, so if you wish you can hide the rest.

Martin said:
In the next build I will rename the current "Total PSU Power" to "PSU Power (sum)" and will add a new value called "PSU Power" that will report a power value read from the PSU, which is however with 0.5W precision. This new value will not depend on others, so if you wish you can hide the rest.

Thank you! :D

Back