CPU Cache L1 Errors

sheehanzz

Hello, I am new here and sorry for my English, it is not my native language.

I just buy new laptop as below spec.
Lenovo Legion 5 (non-pro)
CPU : i7-11800H
GPU : 3060
RAM : 16GB

I was doing undervolt by using Throttlestop and below is my setting. I am new for it so I try to set it simple cause this is my first laptop and dont want it broken fast.
CPU Core : -70.3 mV
CPU Cache : -49.8 mV
I also test by 3DMARKS Timespy, Cinebench R23 and do not found any problems.

After that, I test stability by playing game Back4Blood with ultra setting. after 4 hours playing, It show "CPU Cache L1 Errors" in HWiNFO but no hard freeze, no blucescreen.
Today I try it again and it also show same errors since 5 hours of playing but no hard freeze or bluescreen.

My questions are
1) What does this error means? Is it danger signal for my laptop? I just bought it last week.
2) How to fix it?

Sorry for my English, If you have questions about my explanation please let me know.

Best Regards,

Attachments

• hwinfo3 (3).png
    hwinfo3 (3).png
    186.5 KB · Views: 11
It's not normal, WHEA errors should not be happening. While they are not fatal (correctable), they are a sign of something not working properly in the system.
Your undervolting attempt makes the system run out of spec so you should not be surprised to see issues.

It's not normal, WHEA errors should not be happening. While they are not fatal (correctable), they are a sign of something not working properly in the system.
Your undervolting attempt makes the system run out of spec so you should not be surprised to see issues.

Hello,

After try and test many times, with this setting the error does not appear again.
CPU core : -50 mV
CPU cache : no undervolt

But I got thermal throttling instead :(

Back