UKFROG

Hi everyone.

I need help... I am confused with different readings from monitoring my CPU temp.

I tried to find an answer in various forums but only got more confused, can someone explain in a simple way the difference in the following please ?

HWINFO64 gives me these readings.
(Section) CPU [#0]: AMD Athlon X4 880k
CPU package (TSI) (very unstable readings jumping from anything between 50 to 90 degrees on occasion)
(section) Asus A88XM-PLUS
CPU 37 degrees (stable slow increase, degrease)

My AMD AI suite III gives me the same as HWINFO MB reading (37 at the moment of writing this (Semi-idle state))

If I use Speccy I get an other very high erratic reading between 60 to 95 degrees.

What should I make of this and what is the correct temp for my CPU ?

I have joined some screenshots, can anyone clarify this for me pls?

Attachments

• Asus CPU AI suite.jpg
    Asus CPU AI suite.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 6
  • CPU and motherboard.jpg
    CPU and motherboard.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Speccy data.jpg
    Speccy data.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 5

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Upgrade to the latest HWiNFO Beta build (v6.43), that includes sensor tooltips which will show you more information about each sensor item.

UKFROG

Thank you for coming back to me Martin.
I updated HWINFO.

I deduct that the "true" temperature of my CPU is the one in the MB section then, or it's as close to the true Temp as I can get ?

MB Reading..jpg

It reflects the reading I get from the Asus Suite, I assume that it's correct as it also consistent to the Bios readings in pre-boot.

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Yes, that is the closest one can get on those systems. But it's most likely the external (case) temperature of the CPU.