Dead pixels how common are they ?

Pinkie Pie

if not had a single dead pixel my whole life except stuck pixels sometimes even 100+ until i got my first samsung G9 odyssey with 3 dead pixels, now on 2e Samsung g9 oddyssey with 15+ dead pixels going for a third try.
6 where on 1 spot and possibly even more, like 2 pixels next to each other dead in red green and blue making it a total of 6.

POE

Quite common, manufacturers say 5 of them or less is not classed as a fault. However OLED screens have even more issues, leaving a static screen on for an hour at moderate brightness will permanently damage the panel, horrendous technology, whenever i see an OLED screen i cringe. In a nutshell a dead pixel is a dead transistor.

Pinkie Pie

Well got my 3e samsung g9 this time 2 dead pixels or well 1 depends what you define as dead pixel 1 may be just dirt, both near top edge border this time as usual dead green pixels, never hand single dead pixel before just stuck, Samsung them self said its not normal but then go silent, im getting quite frustrated cos its not easy to send back such a big panel it litterally has to be picked up, i wish they had zero dead pixel policy at this point.

POE

Only tier 1 panels are guaranteed to have a perfect pixel array, Acer, Sony and Hewlett Packard. ive never owned a phone so not quite sure what the deal is there. Samsung though are an OEM for many other companies and a lot of them are cheap ass ones.

EDIT: i see you are talking about a monitor, in this case i would avoid samsung like the plague and buy an Acer or Asus panel.
i stupidly bought a samsung curved panel from currys last year (wifes mistake) the picture and colour was terrible, and the black levels were unbelievably poor. it went straight back.

Last edited:

Pinkie Pie

If always hated Samsung but if i want an ultrawide / super ultrawide i am at the mercy of Samsung, anyway 1 dead pixel vanished is no more came back alive just like first panel guess it was stuck hoping the next one is stuck to