does not show my RAM modules - all is empty in those fields

Wolf

I have several PCs and Notebooks. On my LENOVO Notebook T470p it shows the memory modules, on the desktop PC it does not. Both run the same version of the software.
I try to add a screenshop of my results. I run two different products of RAM on the PC. On the notebook there are two identical ones installed.

Attachments

• Hwinfo_neu.jpg
    Hwinfo_neu.jpg
    764.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
This can happen when the vendor locks access to DIMM SPD but it usually happens on notebooks, not desktops.
Are you perhaps running some other monitoring/tweaking tools? It could be due to a conflict between them.
If not, please attach the HWiNFO Debug File.

The new installed modules are from crucial called DDR4 Pro 2x16GB 3200 MT/s memory kit. The both older modules came with the PC and are from Kingston KF 3200 C 16D4/16GX Fury RGB.
I run no other tools on the pc at the same time. I do not know how to produce that debug file.

This is because of a problem in GIGABYTE SIV. Upgrade it to the latest version, that should fix this problem.

For me the memory module information is empty too. it was displayed till version 7.68, all newer versions give empty information. the debug log is attached

1709652859600.png
1709652946493.png

Attachments

• 772HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Another application is blocking HWiNFO. Which other monitoring/tweaking tool are you running, GIGABYTE SIV perhaps?

1709671646733.png
This nice tools was already uninstalled, but left a "service fury controller service" behind it. I had to disable it, now i can see then ram module informations.

thanks for your support

Last edited:
Did you see, that it is working with v7.68? just wondering why it is not blocking there too.

It's not possible to exactly pinpoint the application causing it. Older versions of GIGABYTE SIV were known to cause this, but there could be others.
When you closed Fan Control, are you sure it doesn't have any services running in background?

Did you see, that it is working with v7.68? just wondering why it is not blocking there too.

Yes. Older HWiNFO versions were not blocked completely but for certain reasons this was changed.

Sorrry @Martin, you have been quicker with your answer than me changing my post ;-) Thanks again, maybe the information with the FURY CTRL-App and its service is somehow useful for you

Back