Event Log Error

Cmp_Cmndo

Well-Known Member
Is it normal for Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) to contain HWInfo32 drivers?
The Event Log contains this entry: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Computer: ProBook4530s
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
HWiNFO32
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7026</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-08-25T22:18:05.802842900Z" />
<EventRecordID>121179</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="604" ThreadID="608" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>ProBook4530s</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">
HWiNFO32</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

The same entry is there for at least the past 3 weeks.
The registry contains sensor entries for both HWInfo32 & HWInfo64.
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO has its own driver which it needs to access hardware. Without this driver it wouldn't be possible to access it.
I guess the problem you see in the Event Log might be because you started HWiNFO from a removable drive and HWiNFO installed the driver from this drive. And during next boot this drive was not available. Disabling the "Persistent Driver" option in HWiNFO might solve this issue.
 

Cmp_Cmndo

Well-Known Member
I have never started HWInfo from a removable drive. I thought it especially odd because the computer in question is the laptop running HPFC & HWInfo64. Does 64 also use the 32 driver?
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO64 uses the HWINFO64A.SYS driver, but for compatibility reasons the device name is still HWiNFO32.
Are you able to determine when these log entries appear? Does it appear every time you boot the machine? Does it also appear if you disable the "Persistent Driver" option ?
 

Cmp_Cmndo

Well-Known Member
Error occurs whenever the machine is booted. HWInfo is not being run at boot. Error occurs with "Persistent Driver" disabled (unchecked).

There are 59 Registry entries containing the phrase "HWInfo32".
Key name matches=45
Data matches=14

If I knew which one is causing the error, I would delete it. I suppose, I could uninstall the program & see which remain.

I think this qualifies as a Bug, but it doesn't seem to be harmful. I only found it because I was looking through the Event Log for something else. I usually clear the entire log from time to time.
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Please try the following:
1. Clear the log
2. Disable "Persistent Driver" option in HWiNFO. Then run and close it (or run the HW64inst.exe too and select Remove).
3. Reboot the machine and check the log if the entry is there.
 

Cmp_Cmndo

Well-Known Member
1. Done.
2. Done.
3. No error entries.

I did notice before, that the error entry wasn't generated 100% of the time.

This has changed:
There are 35 Registry entries containing the phrase "HWInfo32".
Key name matches=32
Data matches=3

Now, I'm going to run the program. Waiting for fan to turn on & EC to display. Am running a notebook cooler/stand so it takes a bit longer to heat up.

When program is running;
Key name matches=42
Data matches=13

Just turned on, all is displayed correctly. Sometimes only runs a few seconds, HPFC does a good job.
 

cheemm

New Member
Hi seniors here..

I just get my new laptop since last Saturday and I notice that in my Event Viewer there's a same error as Cmp_Cmndo.

The problem is, I search whole system, can't even find any HWINFO* related.

What should I do for this? :huh:

Sorry I'm noob on this kind of knowledge.

:blush:
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Do you have HWiNFO32 or HWiNFO64 installed?

cheemm said:
Hi seniors here..

I just get my new laptop since last Saturday and I notice that in my Event Viewer there's a same error as Cmp_Cmndo.

The problem is, I search whole system, can't even find any HWINFO* related.

What should I do for this? :huh:

Sorry I'm noob on this kind of knowledge.

:blush:
 

cheemm

New Member
All the while those OS and programs are installed by my reseller. If he has installed HWiNFO32 or HWiNFO64, I should able to search either them in the system. But it's not.

:(

Martin said:
Do you have HWiNFO32 or HWiNFO64 installed?

cheemm said:
Hi seniors here..

I just get my new laptop since last Saturday and I notice that in my Event Viewer there's a same error as Cmp_Cmndo.

The problem is, I search whole system, can't even find any HWINFO* related.

What should I do for this? :huh:

Sorry I'm noob on this kind of knowledge.

:blush:
 

cheemm

New Member
Hi Martin,

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
HWiNFO32

here is the details:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7026</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-11-27T13:08:13.847299000Z" />
<EventRecordID>5767</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="844" ThreadID="848" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Chee</Computer>
<Security />
</System>


thanks!
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
It's possible that somebody installed HWiNFO32 on that machine before (maybe to check configuration) and didn't uninstall it properly.
You might try to install and uninstall HWiNFO32 there again to fix this - either install->uninstall the installable package, or download the portable one, run, go to Configure -> Install Driver -> Remove Driver.
 

cheemm

New Member
Martin said:
It's possible that somebody installed HWiNFO32 on that machine before (maybe to check configuration) and didn't uninstall it properly.
You might try to install and uninstall HWiNFO32 there again to fix this - either install->uninstall the installable package, or download the portable one, run, go to Configure -> Install Driver -> Remove Driver.
Thanks Martin! it's work!

now my event viewer no more this error appear~~~

:D

Thanks again for your help!!
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
You're welcome ;)
You should also tell your reseller to properly uninstall HWiNFO in case they're using it ;)
 
Top