EVGA brand 3080 GPU fan percentage incorrect

This is getting really weird...
Are you sure the new PX1 is showing correct % now? According to the information I got, it should be correct in HWiNFO with new fixed drivers.

The math on this seems to work out...

Attachments

• 50percent.png
    50percent.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 75percent.png
    75percent.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 100percent.png
    100percent.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 3
OK, thanks. Let me check this to be sure as it's contradicting the information I got earlier.

There's a "%" next to the percentage for the fan under the iCX heading now, but that's the only change I see. The percentages for GPU Fan 1 and Fan 2 are identical to what I was seeing in the previous version. Incorrect (as compared to Precision X1) and incorrect in the exact same amounts.

There's a "%" next to the percentage for the fan under the iCX heading now, but that's the only change I see. The percentages for GPU Fan 1 and Fan 2 are identical to what I was seeing in the previous version. Incorrect (as compared to Precision X1) and incorrect in the exact same amounts.

Please attach a new Debug File from that build and a situation when fans are spinning.

All 3 fans were spinning before I launched HWiNFO and for the duration I had it open, which was just a few moments to write the debug file. All 3 fans were set at around 23% or 755 RPMs (roughly).

Thanks again, and I'm sorry this is taking up so much time.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG.7z
    133.3 KB · Views: 0
Quick question related to this post: Should that third fan be seen in the EVGA iCX section by default? I'm only seeing temps in that section.

Unless I'm overlooking something, there is only Fan1/Fan2 in the main GPU heading; one set for RPM and one set for %.

EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra on HWiNFO v6.35-4305 Beta

Yes, 3rd fan should be in the EVGA iCX section, but it will show up only when it starts spinning.

Yes, 3rd fan should be in the EVGA iCX section, but it will show up only when it starts spinning.
Ah, brilliant! Thank you.

As has been discussed above, GPU Fan1/Fan2 displaying ~60% and GPU Right Fan displaying ~42%, whereas in Precision they all display ~42%.

I wanted to include a debug file to give you more info to analyze, but I'm not sure how to go about that. I see the Save Report function, but there's not a Debug option. Could you instruct me on how to go about generating debug files?

Thanks for your offer, currently the Debug File is not needed as I think I know what the problem is. It should be fixed in the next Beta build released.

Is there a particular reason the 3rd fan is not set to show in the same category as the others, and why it is set to not show up unless its spinning?

Last edited:
The 3rd fan is being monitored by a different (custom EVGA) sensor, not by internal NVIDIA logic.
Any fan not spinning is not shown until it starts to spin as it's not possible to know whether it's just momentary not spinning or not present at all. If you enable the "Show all fans (including stopped or not present)" option in HWiNFO sensors, all fans will be shown regardless of 0 RPM.

The 3rd fan is being monitored by a different (custom EVGA) sensor, not by internal NVIDIA logic.
Any fan not spinning is not shown until it starts to spin as it's not possible to know whether it's just momentary not spinning or not present at all. If you enable the "Show all fans (including stopped or not present)" option in HWiNFO sensors, all fans will be shown regardless of 0 RPM.
Thanks. I looked right over that setting multiple times.

Last edited:
Back