Fan speed not shown

abodivb

Hi,
I can't see my fan speed. i have asus n550jk laptop and hwmonitor is showing my fan speed (note: i'm not run both together)

thanks

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    519.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Prop.HTM
    132.6 KB · Views: 3
Please save the monitoring data from HWMonitor and attach the file here. I'll then check how to add this value into HWiNFO.

sorry, my mistake :D

Here also i have 2 fans

and i can't control them :D

Attachments

• HWMonitor.txt
    71.3 KB · Views: 9
Thank you. I'll try to implement reporting of the fan speed in the next build of HWiNFO.
However, I can only report 1 fan speed, don't know how to read the 2nd fan yet.

Thanks. I'm waiting for you. Also hwmonitor shows one fan, I think booth spin together same speed.
Please let me know when build ready.

It will be released in the next public Beta build, most probably sometime next week.
If you have Automatic Update enabled (for Beta too), you will be notified by HWiNFO when it's available.

Hi, I can't see the fan speed on my two laptops, they are an Acer 5720 and an HP Compaq NC6320. I tried to  attached the log files, but your website  wouldn't allow me to. If you can support these, it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Baddeskey said:
Hi, I can't see the fan speed on my two laptops, they are an Acer 5720 and an HP Compaq NC6320. I tried to  attached the log files, but your website  wouldn't allow me to. If you can support these, it would be much appreciated, thanks.

That's because those laptops are not supported. They use proprietary methods to monitor/control fan speed.

Martin said:
Baddeskey said:

That's because those laptops are not supported. They use proprietary methods to monitor/control fan speed.

OK, thanks. That's a shame, as I need something to adjust the fan speed up and cool these machines down - I've done everything else possible (checked BIOS setting (fan always on), cleaned fan and airways of dust, applied new thermal paste and am using them on a hard surface). The Compaq is the worst of the two and is strange, as the fan runs really fast at boot-up, but slows down as soon as Windows starts. Is there anything else you know of that might work?

Also, as you guys obviously have a lot of experience in this area, what is a normal, acceptable temperature for a laptop CPU (dual core) to reach in normal use in degrees C?

Well, notebook manufacturers don't like it when users play with fan speed or other parameters that might damage the system. They believe their solutions are perfect, often built on the edge of what's possible in terms of performance/power (thermal). So they don't allow users to make changes to their design. There is a lot of laptops which users believe don't have sufficient cooling, or on the other hand overestimated noise.

I think that acceptable temperatures on notebooks are those, which don't trigger thermal throttling. However from my experience if you put a high load on most notebooks, the temperatures shoot into the upper limits (Tj,max) and thermal throttling is engaged. Some professional series are designed with better cooling to sustain a high load, and a lot of value series are not designed to withstand high load over extended time periods. But this is different between vendors and models.

Martin said:
Thanks for your feedback ;)
Hello
I am using the most updated version with the same laptop on windows 10 64 bit and it does not show any of my fans. dual fans.
can you tell me if I need a specific version?

Back