Fan Spikes & Missing SSD

AlexIvo

Hi Martin,

I have a couple of (hopefully) quick questions...

Firstly, I have set HWInfo to NOT monitor my Corsair H100i cooler statistics i.e. liquid temperature, pump speed, etc. as I've been using Corsair Link for this. However, I do have HWInfo set to report the CPU Fan speed, i.e. the header to which the H100i cooler fans are connected, and this hasn't previously caused any issues. Having updated HWInfo to v.5.56-3230, when I first start HWInfo on booting my machine, in attempting to poll the CPU Fan speed, it somehow spikes them causing them to run at maximum rpm (~2500 rpm). The only way I can get them to revert to the 'correct' rpm i.e. my custom fan curve, is to then open Corsair Link. Any idea what is going on here?

Secondly, I have two 520GB Samsung SSDs in my machine. HWInfo can detect and report temperature, read/write rates, etc. for my primary boot SSD, but appears to be unable to see the other SSD. Corsair Link, however, can see it and reports temperature statistics for it. Any idea why this SSD would be invisible?

Cheers.

Is that a H100i or H100iGTX cooler ? Does the problem happen also when you're not running the Corsair Link software ?
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File of the system and I will check that.

Martin said:
Is that a H100i or H100iGTX cooler ? Does the problem happen also when you're not running the Corsair Link software ?
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File of the system and I will check that.

No problem, it's attached here. 

I created this having restarted the computer, and without Corsair Link running. I have to restart Link to correct the fan speeds afterwards though, but it was NOT running when the debug file was created.

Cheers.

EDIT: Sorry, it's an H100i GTX.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    656.7 KB · Views: 2
According to the dump you posted, both SSD drives should be visible with all details including SMART status and temperatures. Are you sure you haven't hidden some of the entries in the sensors window ?
Regarding the H100i GTX - I'm sorry, but this cooler doesn't allow fan speed readout without altering the fan speed. This is a bottleneck of the cooler's firmware design and AFAIK there's no workaround for this :( You will either need to disable the entire sensor in HWiNFO, or use some additional software to constantly control the fan speed while being monitored.

Martin said:
According to the dump you posted, both SSD drives should be visible with all details including SMART status and temperatures. Are you sure you haven't hidden some of the entries in the sensors window ?
Regarding the H100i GTX - I'm sorry, but this cooler doesn't allow fan speed readout without altering the fan speed. This is a bottleneck of the cooler's firmware design and AFAIK there's no workaround for this :( You will either need to disable the entire sensor in HWiNFO, or use some additional software to constantly control the fan speed while being monitored.

Thanks for checking these issues out for me.

RE: the H100i GTX - that's annoying. I guess I can live without the HWInfo fan speed reading for now...

RE: SSD drives. I've attached a screenshot of the only hidden sensors I have relating to the SSDs. It is weird because a previous SSD I had in there showed up just fine with all of the SMART status information, but this one only gives me the actual header for it, and drive life remaining. I tried swapping the data cables around and this made no difference either. For some reason, I just won't read anything from it.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 3
Try to do a "Restore Original Order" or unhide all those entries, I think that will bring the other SSD values back.

Back