"Favored Cores List" - what is it?

t0yz

Hello there,

Does anyone know what exactly this change log entry is:
  • Added reporting of Favored Cores List for Intel CPUs.
And where is it found, or for which Intel CPUs is it available? @Martin, if you have the time, any details please?

Thanks a lot.

This is a list of Core IDs denoting the so called relative "quality" of cores from best to worst one. During manufacturing process some cores might be of slightly better quality and reach the targeted operating points (frequency) at a slightly lower voltage. Note that the difference is quite small and even the "worst" core is still of high quality and reliability. The ranking is relative and can be different for each CPU.
This information is available on later Intel and AMD CPUs and is displayed either in the main window under the CPU node, or in sensors as (perf #) for each core.

This is a list of Core IDs denoting the so called relative "quality" of cores from best to worst one. During manufacturing process some cores might be of slightly better quality and reach the targeted operating points (frequency) at a slightly lower voltage. Note that the difference is quite small and even the "worst" core is still of high quality and reliability. The ranking is relative and can be different for each CPU.
This information is available on later Intel and AMD CPUs and is displayed either in the main window under the CPU node, or in sensors as (perf #) for each core.
Thanks, found it for my 8700K. I expected the "perf #1-2" cores to boost the highest on lighter loads if I keep the CPU at stock, but actually on my CPU it's the perf #4-5 cores that seem to get first to 46x-47x, sometimes at a lower listed VID too.

Back