Getting two HostIds for one remote machine

MikeWise1618

Hi,

I am monitoring a machine remotely, and the new version is definitely better, but I do still have some oddities:
- The remote machine (UXIE) doesn't show up in the main HWiNFO window. Not sure it is supposed to, but it kind of looks like it should.
- When I add the remote machine, it comes in as two HostId instances, the first instance contains all but one of the sensors, the second instance just the Intel Core i7-4770T: DTS sensor values
- With the last version (6.08?) I could add the machine, and the monitoring worked - all the sensors coming in on the same Host ID, but it didn't register in the SharedMemory dropdown so I had to guess at the SensorInstanceID s which was quite a pain.
- The machine being monitored (UXIE) is a Windows 10 running the latest version
- The machine doing the monitoring is running Windows Server 2012 on a Intel NUC.

NyxHWiNFOsmob.png

- While it works, I wouldn't mind getting rid of the dual HostID thing. Is this possible?
- The Enumeration option for remote monitoring works on one of the machines (UXIE), but not the other (the Server 2012) machine.
- The Enumeration option doesn't pick up the "correct" IPs, it pickes up 10 values that might have to do with a VPN I am occastionally logged into.
- Also I was wondering about the Rainmeter plugin HWiNFO.dll. When there is a new version, do we need a new version of that too?

Great product by the way. Suggest you ought to have a paid version with logging - would be worth it.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Attachments

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
I'm not sure if the SharedMemoryViewer has correct support of remote machines. This tool is not made by me (but the author of Rainmeter and HWiNFOMonitor), so I cannot provide sufficient assurance.
The screenshot you provided doesn't show enough details how the remote machine appears in HWiNFO. The only thing I noticed is that you have the Server role enabled on your local machine. This should not be enabled, perhaps it's confusing HWiNFO.
I have tested remote monitoring with the latest version (6.10) and don't see any issues here. Maybe if you're using custom sensor layout/order try to reset it to default or completely reset preferences if that will fix it.