GPU not detected

merbentan

Hi everyone.

I just want some help regarding my hwinfo on my laptop. It can't detect the gpu my laptop has but device manager says it's there. No matter how many times I restarted my laptop, it just won't detect it. Also tried solutions such as waking up sleeping gpus (extended) but to no avail. Please help. Thanks

Without further details about your system (at least the GPU) I cannot give you an advice.
I'm just assuming that your notebook has an integrated Intel GPU in CPU and an additional discrete GPU, which is disabled when not utilized. Putting some load on the GPU before launching HWiNFO might help. Or in case of NVIDIA you might try to enable the "Wake disabled GPUs (Extended)" to see if that helps.
Anyway, best would be if you could provide the HWiNFO Report and Debug Files for analysis.

Martin said:
Without further details about your system (at least the GPU) I cannot give you an advice.
I'm just assuming that your notebook has an integrated Intel GPU in CPU and an additional discrete GPU, which is disabled when not utilized. Putting some load on the GPU before launching HWiNFO might help. Or in case of NVIDIA you might try to enable the "Wake disabled GPUs (Extended)" to see if that helps.
Anyway, best would be if you could provide the HWiNFO Report and Debug Files for analysis.

Hello Martin, i also have this issue and it started from nvidia driver 368.22 and now 368.39.
I need to run application that use the nvidia first (like furmark) then run hwinfo, if not the gpu is not detected.

Here's a debug file.

GPU Not Detected
Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_WoSlGHsVIsVThrbUJvcVdYMGs

GPU Detected (Opening Furmark First)
Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_WoSlGHsVIsaXVjTVM4eWNrSFU

The GPU HWID is 139B-11391462 (GTX 960M)

Thank You :D

It seem that NVIDIA changed something in their latest drivers that's preventing my trick to wake the GPU.
I'll do some tests and see if I can find a solution...

I have been able to reproduce this and found a solution :)
It will be available in the next (Beta) build.

Martin said:
I have been able to reproduce this and found a solution :)
It will be available in the next (Beta) build.

Genius!!
Thanks for your time and your great job!

Back